Hi folks,

Hope someone can help, and apologies if this has been posted &/or resolved anywhere else... I've been trolling these forums and the blackberry site for hours with no luck, so I tried to do my homework.

My DM, version 1.0.2 for Mac, does not recognize my storm 9530, OS v. 5.0.0.419 no matter what I try. I know the BB is loaded onto my computer because I can see it in my drives, but the DM consistently says the device is "not connected." This is maddening. My mac OS is 10.5.8 for reference, and its a macbook.

Does anyone know if this is resolvable? I am so frustrated with Blakberry at this point I'm starting to have irrational thoughts of getting an iPhone... please HELP!

thx in advance.
    01-17-10 05:20 PM
    First try "forgetting" the device in the DM. Next, make sure MTP is set properly see here. If that does not work, delete the user/username/library/application support/blackberrydesktop folder and delete the trash, restart the mac, repair permissions and try again.
    01-17-10 09:39 PM
    [note: I wanted to quote your post but the forum mods (bots) wouldn't let me because I have <10 posts. sigh.]

Ahh, thank you so much! The "forgetting" alone didn't work, but trashing the application support forlder and restarting did. I owe you a batch of peanut butter, choc-chip cookies (or another type, if youre alergic to peanuts or something).
    01-18-10 06:56 PM
    glad I could help...no allergies...LOL
    01-18-10 07:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD