OK, ive searched many places now, but only found help for a PC version. Everytime I change a contact on my berry, it says it was updated externally so it can not be done (or something like that) and so I connect it to my mac using the DM from Blackberry's website for Mac and sync my contacts ....... only to find out that I have duplicate of my contacts, not all, but most, some of them even 3x!!! I look through my address book and I only have one of each, so.....is there any way to fix this so i dont have to go one by one and delete the same contacts every time i sync my phone. THANKS!!!!!

also it sucks because, after every time i delete one contact, the list jumps back to the top then i have to scroll back down to where i was
    Last edited by imemikey; 10-16-09 at 12:58 PM.
    10-16-09 12:51 PM
    Unfortunately you post only your symptoms and nothing about your system..(device OS, Mac OS, whether you have ever used another syncing program, etc.) so there is no way to help.

I will wager a guess you have used another syncing software at some point and neglected to rid your system of the previous software (and deleted all of the system cache). So at this point you need to purge your mac of previous software and cache. Trash all of DM and reinstall.
    10-16-09 01:23 PM
    I only know of an app that removes dups from outlook....what is your PIM?
    10-16-09 01:24 PM
    Statman : You do make sense, heres my info :
    Blackberry Bold : v4.6.0.297 (Platform 4.0.0.247)
    Macbook Pro : Mac OS X 10.5.8
    I did use the beta DM for Mac, synced it once, then got frustrated with it so I waited for the release from Blackberry. Downloaded it and used it for the first time today.

Tony Bad O Donuts : whats PIM
    10-16-09 05:51 PM
    So as I said....you need to get rid of all traces of leaked DM and DMFM (and any others). Search for rim and blackberry...I posted a list in another thread. Once all is purged, clear your cache (you can use maintain or OnyX). Restart, repair permissions and reinstall DM.
    10-16-09 06:02 PM
    Pim. Personal information manager aka outlook. Act, etc

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-09 06:17 PM
    Statman - do i need to download something to completely remove DM or can i just drag it into the trash

Tony Bad O Donuts - Address Book and Mail on Mac, the standard apps the computer came with
    10-16-09 06:37 PM
    Statman - do i need to download something to completely remove DM or can i just drag it into the trash
    Use the unistaller that cam with it and then make sure the following are gone:
    ~/library/Application Support/Blackberry
    ~/Library/LaunchAgents/com.rim.BBLaunchAgent.plist
    ~/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.rim.BBDaemon.plist
    ~Library/Preferences/com.rim.RIMBBUSB.plist
    ~Library/Preferences/com.rim.RIMBBVSB.plist
    ~Library/Preferences/com.rim.RimBlackberryUSB.plist
    ~Library/Preferences/com.rim.vsp.plist
    ~User/Library/Application Support/BlackBerryDesktop
    ~User/Library/Preferences/com.rim.blackberrydesktopmanager/plist
    ~User/Library/Preferences/com.rim.RimLaunchAgent/plist
    ~Library/Frameworks/RIM_VSP.framework
    ~Library/Frameworks/RimBlackberryUSB.framework.framework

Also clear the cache.
    10-16-09 07:32 PM
    OK 2 things for the OP, there is an option within address book on the berry to allow or not allow duplicates, check this to not allow and that's the end of your duplicates. Also the "contacts updated externally" error is a well known issue with MAC desktop manager, MAC DM transfers them as read only files. Check this thread for some fixes one of which worked for me :-) http://forums.crackberry.com/f62/err...rnally-309560/

Hope that helps.
    10-17-09 12:41 AM
    thanks for your help guys, but i decided to go a different way. Decided to use Google Sync. I know a new update for BBDM came out today for mac, but I dont want to take the chance till I read some good things about it
    10-19-09 02:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD