I have just downloaded the new DM for Mac leak and have backed up my phone. Everything seems to work fine. I want to upgrade from .148 to .167 and dont want to have to switch to windows to do it.

Has anyone done it successfully??
    09-03-09 09:47 PM
    i take it that no replies means no haha, thanks guys. Guess i'll have to use a friends computer.
    09-04-09 08:35 AM
    Lets try moving this thread to the Storm OS Discussion Sub Forum, perhaps the folks there can help.
    09-04-09 09:00 AM
    I can try later tonight, but just from doing a quick look, I can't see where you can even upgrade the firmware.
    I just see the backup and restore parts.

Maybe if work is slow today I'll do it
    09-04-09 09:10 AM
    How would you even install it? The installer is an EXE not DMG
    09-04-09 09:15 AM
    I played with software for a day and reverted to Missing Sync. You can upgrade firmware - but it looks like it would download it from BB directly.
    09-04-09 09:21 AM
    Keep in mind DM for Mac is still in beta (actually it's a leak and not even supposed to be out there ) and may improve after it's officially released.
    09-04-09 09:26 AM
    I didn't realize it was leaked. Is there a link here in Crackberry or is this a BT thing?

Edit: Found the link on the first page. Someplace I don't usually go.
    Last edited by hookbill; 09-04-09 at 10:19 AM.
    09-04-09 10:16 AM
    I think you can only do official releases with this leak for Mac. Might be all you can ever do with it.

It did seems a bit flaky connecting to my storm. I had to replug it in two times because it could not connect the first time.

Overall I like the layout compared to the PC version....easier to backup and restore only what you specifically want to. I haven't used it for much other than that so far....I might set it up to sync music.
    09-04-09 10:43 AM
    I've got it installed now and just ran a back up. First, whomever said it's a .exe file that's not true. It's a .dmg file. I had no problem at all getting the DM to recognize my device. I did a back up and everything went smooth.

I just did a hybrid upgrade this morning. Had I known this was available I would have used it.
    09-04-09 10:50 AM
    I've got it installed now and just ran a back up. First, whomever said it's a .exe file that's not true. It's a .dmg file. I had no problem at all getting the DM to recognize my device. I did a back up and everything went smooth.

I just did a hybrid upgrade this morning. Had I known this was available I would have used it.
    They were referring to the OS updates not the DM software. Since most OS's come as .exe files there isn't any way to launch them on Mac OS and have the DM detect them is what the problem comes down to. This makes everyone assume that in order to update an OS on Mac through DM it will have to be an Official update that DM will go out and grab.

Did anyone look at the version of the DM? It's version 1.0 and doesn't even mention Snow Leopard so hopefully the released version will fix a lot of these problems.
    09-04-09 10:56 AM
    They were referring to the OS updates not the DM software. Since most OS's come as .exe files there isn't any way to launch them on Mac OS and have the DM detect them is what the problem comes down to. This makes everyone assume that in order to update an OS on Mac through DM it will have to be an Official update that DM will go out and grab.

Did anyone look at the version of the DM? It's version 1.0 and doesn't even mention Snow Leopard so hopefully the released version will fix a lot of these problems.
    I got you. Didn't think of that.

I did think about Snow Leopard however. I'm installing that next week.
    09-04-09 11:06 AM
    I got you. Didn't think of that.

I did think about Snow Leopard however. I'm installing that next week.
    No worries.

I've been trying to figure out how to update to the latest 4.7 leak without Windows.

Good luck with SL, I did my MBP yesterday and no problems as I can tell yet. I haven't tried Parallels yet with DM to see if it's any better. I hope so.
    09-04-09 11:31 AM
    You can't upgrade with leaks, not yet atleast. Only official upgrades are possible (from what I have read) with the mac DM...
    09-04-09 11:33 AM
    No worries.

I've been trying to figure out how to update to the latest 4.7 leak without Windows.

Good luck with SL, I did my MBP yesterday and no problems as I can tell yet. I haven't tried Parallels yet with DM to see if it's any better. I hope so.
    Oh so you're running SL now? And DM for Mac works with it?

I dumped Parallels for VMware sometime ago. Good decision as far as I'm concerned.
    09-04-09 11:42 AM
    Oh so you're running SL now? And DM for Mac works with it?

I dumped Parallels for VMware sometime ago. Good decision as far as I'm concerned.
    Yeah, running the Mac DM and no problems doing backups or restores. My problem is it says I don't have any calendar program so can't sync. Actually can't sync anything without getting some error saying it can't pull data from client. I've been using Mac Mail and Address Book from day one and DM says I need to create both.

Most problems I see from others are those with Storms, the Tour and Curve folks seem to have fewer issues. OH well, some win and others lose.
    09-04-09 11:54 AM
    I'm also running Snow Leopard with DM and it works pretty good.
    I have synced my iCal and Address book without issues so far.

I also installed some apps so far.
    09-04-09 01:39 PM
    I'm running snow leopard, and vmware fusion with a Windows 7 install. I was able to use that to load 5.0.0.191
    09-04-09 02:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD