I was trying this earlier with my spare BB (Storm) however in the process of doing an upgrade from .75 to .148 the thing got nuked so i will try it again later.

To those that dont know if you go to:

Macintosh HD > Users > Your Name > Library > Application Support > BlackBerryDesktop > Device Applications

The various COD files that are downloaded from the internet are in there. as are any desktop installers you might use except those are in the "Local" folder.

OS cod files are in folders with random numbers/letters so my advice would be to

>first go to the "Device Applications" folder in finder.
    >open DM for Mac. Tell it to update/downgrade one of your OS's
    >as it downloads you will see what folder the COD files are downloaded into.
    >from there what i did was replace the COD files with ones from another OS.

Problem for me is that before i got to the point of actually loading it my Storm got nuked by doing a regular upgrade with the original files so i will try it next time i can get to a windows computer to fix my storm because now it just flashes the red light.

however to those that have a PC and a Mac you could try this and let us know how it goes.

I would suggest only doing this with a spare phone for testing purposes.

>
    10-02-09 08:32 PM
    I believe the place DM deposits and gets files from are user>documents>blackberry...although I have not been able to get the new cod files I put there to load on the BB
    10-02-09 08:37 PM
    I believe the place DM deposits and gets files from are user>documents>blackberry...although I have not been able to get the new cod files I put there to load on the BB
    no. thats where it puts your BackUp Files
    10-02-09 08:48 PM
    no. thats where it puts your BackUp Files
    no, it puts back-ups in user>documents>blackberry backups

it seems they need to be in user>Library>Application Support>BlackberryDeskTop>Device Applications
    Last edited by Statman; 10-06-09 at 04:02 PM.
    10-02-09 09:07 PM
    no, it puts back-ups in user>documents>blackberry backups

create another folder called blackberry (in the documents folder) and put your app folder there. when you click on applications with your device connected, you see a list of apps on your device. click on the + sign and it will ask you to pick where (location on mac). I suppose you could put it anywhere? Of course, I can't get it to work so what do I know...LOL
    well. i promise you thats not where they are
    10-02-09 09:21 PM
    well. i promise you thats not where they are
    sorry misunderstood your post...I have tried to put the hybrid OS in multiple locations to no avail...
    10-02-09 09:26 PM
    sorry misunderstood your post...I have tried to put the hybrid OS in multiple locations to no avail...
    read the first post it tells you how to do it.
    10-02-09 09:42 PM
    Anyone????
    10-06-09 12:46 AM
    yes here...I found it yesterday.
    10-06-09 09:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD