OK now I'm PISSED OFF.

I could handle the "updated externally" error until tonight.
    Did some editing in Address Book, then fired up DM4M and told it to overwrite the existing contacts on the Berry.

Error.

Sync failure.
    Also, that Mac OS couldn't repair the disc Blackberry 1 and to reformat.
    Also, that Mac OS couldn't repair Blackberry2 and to backup and reformat, as I could add and delete files from BB2 but not save changes. WTF?

Disabled Calendar sync, but not Contact Sync, and retried.

Now EVERY SINGLE CONTACT I had on the Berry is the same. All entries have been replaced with ONE CONTACT, 140 times.

Tried to restore from a backed-up database, and another "restore failed".

Damnit, now I gotta head back to Windows and try and restore from there, even though that database is 2 weeks old.

This is ridiculous. Serious FAIL here. Unacceptable. This software has a LONG way to go before it's ready for Prime Time.
    09-15-09 09:36 PM
    i have no issues at all, backup and restore tried.....works
    sync of addresses and cal great and not errors.
    are you sync from entourage or mac app's ( contacts and cal )
    what system are you using snow leo or older......
    09-16-09 05:52 AM
    Been at this for 2 hours already this early morning, and my phone is NUKED.

DM can't "see" it in VMware. Loader gets hung up on "connect to device". BBSAK did back up all 3rd party apps, so at least I have that once I get the OS back onto the phone.

As for the Mac side, simply trying to update a contact via Address Book, then syncing to the phone caused this huge clusterf**k. Every single contact was the same name and number.

I've tried editing .cods, using the Advance option in Backup/restore in DM/Windows. Error backing up databases.

Just about to try ONCE AGAIN to WIPE THE PHONE to start new.

Oh, and no entourage here, ever. iCal and Address Book.
    09-16-09 06:52 AM
    I hear you guys screaming!! I have similar issues. I can't get ical or address book to sync without first wiping my Tour. Then no changes come across.
    I am waiting for the official release so I can pester RIM if it still is hosed.
    Oh and by the way, i did get it somewhat working and tried to sync with my PC as well and corrupted all my address entries on the PC as well as my Mac.
    Guess that's why it is beta. :-)
    09-16-09 01:45 PM
    Why are you guys complaining about beta software?
    09-17-09 10:29 AM
    Did you unplug your BB without unmounting the "drives" BB1 and BB2?
    Did you connect it to a PC and not do safe removal of USB devices.
    The corruption you describe and the inability to write to the cards are symptoms of a bad removal.

You are going to need to wipe the card and re-install your BB.
    Hope you had backups.

OK now I'm PISSED OFF.

I could handle the "updated externally" error until tonight.
    Did some editing in Address Book, then fired up DM4M and told it to overwrite the existing contacts on the Berry.

Error.

Sync failure.
    Also, that Mac OS couldn't repair the disc Blackberry 1 and to reformat.
    Also, that Mac OS couldn't repair Blackberry2 and to backup and reformat, as I could add and delete files from BB2 but not save changes. WTF?

Disabled Calendar sync, but not Contact Sync, and retried.

Now EVERY SINGLE CONTACT I had on the Berry is the same. All entries have been replaced with ONE CONTACT, 140 times.

Tried to restore from a backed-up database, and another "restore failed".

Damnit, now I gotta head back to Windows and try and restore from there, even though that database is 2 weeks old.

This is ridiculous. Serious FAIL here. Unacceptable. This software has a LONG way to go before it's ready for Prime Time.
    09-17-09 12:30 PM
    Seriously. I don't get why people get so worked up when a beta causes problems. Use at your own risk and be prepared for the consequences - shouldn't we all know that by now?
    09-17-09 01:11 PM
    Of course I ejected properly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-09 01:50 PM
    This came down the pipe as a leak. Unless I missed something I don't think we were aware that this wasn't the Mac Desktop Manager.

09-17-09 01:59 PM
    Did you unplug your BB without unmounting the "drives" BB1 and BB2?
    Did you connect it to a PC and not do safe removal of USB devices.
    The corruption you describe and the inability to write to the cards are symptoms of a bad removal.

You are going to need to wipe the card and re-install your BB.
    Hope you had backups.
    Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what do you mean by "wipe the card". Have had some issues, can't sync to a Mac at all after using my Bold with the DTM for Mac (the one I had DT on and another one that didn't). Used a Win laptop and wiped my device and all that, still won't sync. Let me know, thanks.
    09-17-09 03:48 PM
    This came down the pipe as a leak. Unless I missed something I don't think we were aware that this wasn't the Mac Desktop Manager.

You definitely missed something...we're all aware that the leaked version of DM is still a beta.
    09-17-09 06:19 PM
    You definitely missed something...we're all aware that the leaked version of DM is still a beta.
    My bad then. I was aware that Mac Desktop was to be launched in Sept, and when THIS was LEAKED in SEPT, I assumed it was a pre-release at worst, or the "real deal" leak at best.

Even so, there's a lot of work to be done with this, if the "real deal" is to be released before the end of this month. BETA software is usually tested for months, not weeks, let alone days.

Jersey, don't worry about it. Wiping the card, after backing it up (a simple copy/paste to a new folder on your Mac) is easy. Once you ensure that all that was on the SD card is backed up, simply reformat it from the BB.

In this case though, it doesn't apply, so don't worry about it.

Also, backing up your Berry is imperative but at this time is only doable via Windows, as this POS software for Mac doesn't do it reliably for all phones and all BB OSes. Wiping a Berry (BB1 in Finder) would mean reloading the OS, and restoring from your recent backup. Again, doesn't apply here, although that's what I had to do to get a working Berry again.

Your case may be different than mine, so don't wipe and reinstall until you've tried everything else!
    09-17-09 10:43 PM
    Even so, there's a lot of work to be done with this, if the "real deal" is to be released before the end of this month. BETA software is usually tested for months, not weeks, let alone days.

Jersey, don't worry about it. Wiping the card, after backing it up (a simple copy/paste to a new folder on your Mac) is easy. Once you ensure that all that was on the SD card is backed up, simply reformat it from the BB.

In this case though, it doesn't apply, so don't worry about it.

Also, backing up your Berry is imperative but at this time is only doable via Windows, as this POS software for Mac doesn't do it reliably for all phones and all BB OSes. Wiping a Berry (BB1 in Finder) would mean reloading the OS, and restoring from your recent backup. Again, doesn't apply here, although that's what I had to do to get a working Berry again.

Your case may be different than mine, so don't wipe and reinstall until you've tried everything else!
    Yeah, already there, just trying to get this sync going again. Just wasn't sure what "card" the guy was referring to. May erase/reformat anyway, figure at this point it can't hurt.
    09-17-09 11:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD