After much struggle and a few tutorial's I do have my Storm connected to my MacBook and have mobile broadband up and running. The only issue I have is that I can't get VZAccess to acknowledge that I have the phone even connected to the computer and honestly, I can't find another way to monitor my usage..

Help..?

I run VZAccess's set up but it's not recognizing my device at all. I'm running OS X 10.5 with the VZAccess software for the Moto Q.
    04-25-09 08:39 PM
    uninstall VZaccess completely, then go to VZAccess Manager and download it from there.... also uninstall all the drivers
    04-25-09 08:40 PM
    That's where I did download it from. Should I uninstall and reinstall..?

I read somewhere that this may be because of my OS? That it doesn't work with 10.5.6?
    04-25-09 08:54 PM
    awww damn im sorry, wasnt thinking. Macs are dumb lol. they dnt work well with phones, other than the iphone. the only phone that will tether to mac that i am aware of is the Q
    04-25-09 08:56 PM
    idk if there is another way to do it, but cant be done through VZAM
    04-25-09 08:59 PM
    I'm tethered to it right now via bluetooth .. I just can't find a way to monitor my usage.

Idk, maybe it'll work if I connect it with the usb cord when I get home.. I'm on vacation and need internet that's not $8 a day. I thought metro hotels would have free WiFi by now. =P

I'm just scared I'll get some $1000 bill. I don't plan on using my computer too much. But I do need to stream some videos for schoolwork.. I guess I'm paranoid. I've seen a $32,000 phone bill from two months of usage - just because of data overages from internet usage. I'm not playing with that.
    04-25-09 09:01 PM
    lol yeah that wouldnt be fun. you do have the tethering plan added to your account right? if so, that gives 5 gigs, which is quite a bit
    04-25-09 09:04 PM
    Yepp, added it today. I'd just like to see some sort of idea as far as how many GB I am indeed using..
    04-25-09 09:14 PM
    I'm tethered to it right now via bluetooth .. I just can't find a way to monitor my usage.

Idk, maybe it'll work if I connect it with the usb cord when I get home.. I'm on vacation and need internet that's not $8 a day. I thought metro hotels would have free WiFi by now. =P

I'm just scared I'll get some $1000 bill. I don't plan on using my computer too much. But I do need to stream some videos for schoolwork.. I guess I'm paranoid. I've seen a $32,000 phone bill from two months of usage - just because of data overages from internet usage. I'm not playing with that.
    Call #3282 and it will send you a text message with your current data usage. This is for verizon btw.
    04-25-09 09:15 PM
    ^ That is a useful tool that I am aware of.. but this shows my usage from the phone itself. Just as within My Verizon - it states I have unlimited data usage, but with the tethering plan - I do not. There is not a separate meter online that I can find which distinguishes between the two.

This is why I need VZ Access to work. Or, I guess perhaps the better solution would be some sort of widget that monitors all my usage. If I can find one that works with bluetooth.. haha

Ahhh macs. What a pain. I love em though.
    04-25-09 09:19 PM
    try going to a VZW store... in the brochures it has a breakdown (5GB = 1million something webpages) and things like that.... will help to give you an idea.... idk what kind of videos you are running but the quality of the videos affects the amount of data being transfered. higher quality = higher amount of data transfered
    04-25-09 09:21 PM
    It's just videos for school.. they're not really high quality, but some of them run about ten minutes long..

I think I did find a program that'll track everything. It'll run a report at any time for my up-to-date usage for each month. I'm running the free trial which seems to work fine - but that's that thing. It's a free trial. $10 program. ughh..

I hope it's somehow fixed when I connect via the USB cord. Oh well.

Still.. thank you for your help!
    04-25-09 09:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD