I am sick of PocketSync and MissingSync. They are not nearly as good as RIM's windows syncing software.

Has anyone tried syncing to google, then syncing the mac to google? Is this anymore reliable than pocketsync?

I am also curious how much data I will use with this sync method.... I have a 500MB limit, but have never used more than 20MB, so hopefully safe...

~S
    06-05-09 07:35 AM
    Hi,

it works, and often it works very good. Here is a useful thread how to do it.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ho...rm-mac-122163/
    06-06-09 10:21 AM
    I use google sync. Works good. Just some minor problems with formating the address from Outlook 2007. Also use BlackBerry Media Sync for Mac to load music on my Curve and that is the only reason I have to attach my berry to a computer.
    06-07-09 05:14 PM
    I have been using Google Sync for a few weeks after giving up on PocketMac and MS also. The only issue that I have found is if I change the OS to a leaked or hybrid...you must clear the calendar under the options setting in the Google Sync app. Please note that you have to be running 10.5 or higher on your Mac for Google sync to work with iCal.
    06-07-09 09:40 PM
    New here but I have had great luck with google sync. I actually just use google calendar and gmail so I don't sync back to the mac and it works great for me. I don't use iCal at all. I figure this way I can access my calendar full-size on any computer.
    06-07-09 10:58 PM
    New here but I have had great luck with google sync. I actually just use google calendar and gmail so I don't sync back to the mac and it works great for me. I don't use iCal at all. I figure this way I can access my calendar full-size on any computer.
    I did exactly the same thing and stopped syncing to iCal. This made a huge difference; no more lost appointments or duplicate entries. It just works!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-09 11:14 PM
    I did exactly the same thing and stopped syncing to iCal. This made a huge difference; no more lost appointments or duplicate entries. It just works!

Very true. You do not need iCal at all.
    06-08-09 08:31 PM
    Does the google sync work two way? I added calendar entries on my bold but I didn't see it on my google calendar when I opened it.
    06-10-09 02:46 PM
    should update within a few min or something like every 30min. But it is not perfect. It does mess up sometimes
    06-10-09 03:21 PM

Hi

Google sync works with Rogers? I tried a few months ago. No luck.

google cal & contacts to bold is possible? Pls confirm and any guidance is much appreciated.
    06-11-09 12:07 PM
    Hi

Google sync works with Rogers? I tried a few months ago. No luck.

google cal & contacts to bold is possible? Pls confirm and any guidance is much appreciated.
    I can't imagine that the carrier matters. It is not device specific, but you must be running 10.5 on your Mac.
    06-11-09 04:45 PM
    Does the google sync work two way? I added calendar entries on my bold but I didn't see it on my google calendar when I opened it.
    i have the same question/problem.... google sync seems to only work one-way (pc-bb) for my BB Bold.

anyone?

many thx
    06-17-09 07:20 AM
    I use google sync with ical, my 8900, and my iphone and it works flawlessly across all three platforms. When I do an OS update on the phone or get a new phone I only have to install gsync and put in my info. A few minutes later I have all my contacts and calendar items. The only caveat at this time is that contacts don't sync with address book seamlessly yet so I am doing the export / upload thing.
    06-18-09 07:21 PM
    i use google sync and it worked just fine until i had to change my password. once i logged back n it will not let me see any of my other calendars like my wives and my holiday cal. any help.
    06-28-09 07:39 PM
    i use google sync and it worked just fine until i had to change my password. once i logged back n it will not let me see any of my other calendars like my wives and my holiday cal. any help.
    Were you logging into Google or to sync on googlesync?
    06-29-09 07:31 AM
    sync on Google sync. if i go to the Google calendar site i see everything lust fine.
    06-29-09 09:01 AM
    Haven't had any problems with google calendar. It's great because I share the calendar with other people on my team regarding scheduling, and I update it and they get all the updates as well. I just add entries to my calendar under a different email (calendar) when I don't want everyone to see I have a dentist appt.
    06-29-09 09:15 AM
    sync on Google sync. if i go to the Google calendar site i see everything lust fine.
    ok...I tested it out on mine first, by deleting all calendars. So it works on my Storm.
    1. The first time you open Google Sync > Options, the ONLY calendar that will appear is your default google calendar.
    2. Sync this calendar.
    3. Now re-open Google Sync>Options and the other calendars will appear. You will need to select each of them and then sync again. All calendars should not be on your device.

Let me know if this solves your problem.

Good Luck!
    06-29-09 09:43 AM
    I have searched and searched for the answer to this without success.

I was a Google calendar account and 3 email address which are synced to my BB. Now the i get all the Google calendar sync but they are under the wrong email address and when i enter a new event on my BB it doesn't sync with Google.

Hope someone can help

Thanks
    Dave
    07-01-09 12:59 PM
    I have searched and searched for the answer to this without success.

I was a Google calendar account and 3 email address which are synced to my BB. Now the i get all the Google calendar sync but they are under the wrong email address and when i enter a new event on my BB it doesn't sync with Google.

Hope someone can help

Thanks
    Dave
    Dave-
    I believe that the problem is with the 3 accounts as your calendar want to generate a separate calendar for each - I have 3 also.

Here is what I did. I have all my personal and work accounts forwarded (funneled) to my vzw.blackberry.net account so my bb only 'thinks' there is one account.
    I do leave a copy of each message on the original server and I have to go and delete them later, which can be a pain or you can set some up for auto-sync.
    Any auto emails such as bank alerts, weather, mlb games starts, I send only to the blackberry account for easy deletion.

I hope this helps.
    07-01-09 03:54 PM
    I have been using Google Sync for a month. Got a new Macbook Pro and PocketMac does not work on it. Exported ical to desktop and imported into Google Calendar. Worked. Two days later, my appt would not sync back and fourth. Did what google sync suggested. Wiped out the appts on google cal. Resynced. Have not had a problem since. Am looking to back up contacts on Google.
    07-01-09 09:12 PM
    I have been using Google Sync for a month. Got a new Macbook Pro and PocketMac does not work on it. Exported ical to desktop and imported into Google Calendar. Worked. Two days later, my appt would not sync back and fourth. Did what google sync suggested. Wiped out the appts on google cal. Resynced. Have not had a problem since. Am looking to back up contacts on Google.
    did you use google sync to sync your contacts between gmail and device?
    07-01-09 09:26 PM
    I use google sync to completely sync with my mac. Once google comes out with an exchange type sync for entourage like they now have for outlook, I will be completely happy.

07-03-09 08:50 PM
    When you open google sync it opens
    07-03-09 08:57 PM
    It sucks that we have to use google to do all this stuff but at the same tome it works so well. So I guess is Mac folks that love bb will have to fewl with it.

07-03-09 08:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD