Just got the Curve (Sprint) for my wife, and am trying to decide whether to sync with Win XP or Mac. The Mac Mini she uses has XP installed, though it's in OS X most of the time. Am I right that life will be a bit simpler, and cheaper (no additional software to buy, like PocketMac) if we sync on the XP side? By the way, the computer calendar and contacts is really mostly for backup...she'll use the Blackberry for most of the day to day stuff.

If we decide to get PocketMac, and sync with OS X applications, and I right that we'll get OTA syncing of the various elements (calendar, contacts)?

What else should I know and/or think about in making this decision.

Thanks.
    07-18-08 10:39 PM
    I have a Mac, but am not running Windows on it. PocketMac (which is a FREE download) and MissingSync (must purchase) are both buggy and allow you to SYNC, but not BACKUP your BB. With Windows, you can BACKUP the BB with the Desktop Manager, which doesn't exist at this time for the Mac platform.

I use Google Calendar & Google Sync for my Calendar, and my MS Office for my contacts, which is the only thing I have to consciously sync as the calendar syncs automatically.

Makes things easy.
    07-18-08 11:53 PM
    Just got the Curve (Sprint) for my wife, and am trying to decide whether to sync with Win XP or Mac. The Mac Mini she uses has XP installed, though it's in OS X most of the time. Am I right that life will be a bit simpler, and cheaper (no additional software to buy, like PocketMac) if we sync on the XP side? By the way, the computer calendar and contacts is really mostly for backup...she'll use the Blackberry for most of the day to day stuff.

If we decide to get PocketMac, and sync with OS X applications, and I right that we'll get OTA syncing of the various elements (calendar, contacts)?

What else should I know and/or think about in making this decision.

Thanks.
    Installed boot camp in your Mac and run windows for your BB.
    07-19-08 12:40 AM
    You will not get OTA syncing of the various elements. My recommendation is to sync on the Windows side. The Desktop manager is much more stable and will allow you to do more things with it than either PocketMac or Missing Sync.
    07-19-08 04:28 PM
    I have been a Mac User my whole life!!

I currently am using a Macbook Pro and I run VMWare Fusion with XP Pro SP3 to sync my Berry!! Using PocketMac and Missing Sync is painful and frustrating! Save you self from the hassle and irritation and use Windows on your Mac (some way or another) and unleash the full capability of your device!!

Desktop Manager can load new OSes, backup and restore... any Mac alternative cannot!! I wish RIM would come out with a complete solution for us Mac users! I am content running DM on my Mac using Fusion!! And I am not ashamed to be running Windows on my Mac at all!

PS : Welcome to CrackBerry!!
    07-19-08 04:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD