I have been reading through numerous posts of things working and not working. It really is not helpful to say..."yeah mine works flawlessly" Nor is it easy to diagnose when you say "this is POS and doesn't work...booo RIM". What would be helpful is if you gave some basic information like:

For your Mac & device: OS, model , pertinent software installed (like syncing)
    For your interface: direct USB, hub, BT
    Specifics of the error

perhaps others would like to add "critical information" to help diagnosis.

Just a thought....
    10-03-09 11:28 AM
    Good idea fo sho
    10-03-09 11:56 AM
    I couldn't agree more. Since you didn't offer up any of your info, I'll go ahead and be first... We might as well compile all the information here, right?

Device: Tour | OS 4.7.1.140
    Mac: MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo | OS 10.5.8
    Interface: Direct USB
    Software Installed: Google Sync (deleted PocketMac, MediaSync and DM Beta before installing)
    Findings:
    iCal - Works great. Syncs both my Home calendar and my two subscribed calendars without issue. I've tested adding/deleting new events from both my device and my Mac and have had no issues.

Contacts - Works great. The contacts in my Berry are generally more up to date than the contacts on my Mac, so when I my first sync, I deleted all the contacts from my Mac and did a merge (so as to avoid any duplications....i've over 3000 contacts so going through and deleting dupes is a real PITA). It took a bit, but all contacts moved over fine. I've since tested adding/deleting new contacts from both the phone and Mac without issue.

iTunes - Works great.

Add/Delete Applications - Does not work. When trying to delete all of the East Asian languages, I get an error about a missing module (net_rim_platform_resource_pt). Spent quite some time on the phone with RIM tech support yesterday. They're investigating and will call me back in two business days (supposedly )

Backup - Backup seemed to work fine. I have not tried to do a restore yet, however.
    10-03-09 11:59 AM
    I couldn't agree more. Since you didn't offer up any of your info, I'll go ahead and be first... We might as well compile all the information here, right?
    Well you kind of miss my point ...I am not suggesting this is the thread to post all of the info. What I am suggesting is when you post in a thread (any), you supply some basic info.

BTW, your info is EXCELLENT and descriptive (except for the "works great" as this is subjective and not informative).

oh and FIGHT ON!
    10-03-09 12:45 PM

Device: Tour | OS 4.7.1.140
    Mac: MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo | OS 10.5.8
    Interface: Direct USB
    Software Installed: Google Sync (deleted PocketMac, MediaSync and DM Beta before installing)
    Findings:
    iCal - Works great. Syncs both my Home calendar and my two subscribed calendars without issue. I've tested adding/deleting new events from both my device and my Mac and have had no issues.

Contacts - Works great. The contacts in my Berry are generally more up to date than the contacts on my Mac, so when I my first sync, I deleted all the contacts from my Mac and did a merge (so as to avoid any duplications....i've over 3000 contacts so going through and deleting dupes is a real PITA). It took a bit, but all contacts moved over fine. I've since tested adding/deleting new contacts from both the phone and Mac without issue.

iTunes - Works great.

Add/Delete Applications - Does not work. When trying to delete all of the East Asian languages, I get an error about a missing module (net_rim_platform_resource_pt). Spent quite some time on the phone with RIM tech support yesterday. They're investigating and will call me back in two business days (supposedly )

Backup - Backup seemed to work fine. I have not tried to do a restore yet, however.
    How do your calendars look on your device? I have the 8830 and all four of my icals subscribed calendars (home, work, wife's, gmail) show up in the DM sync window, but not on the device. The events will go over, but the option to choose a calendar on the device has 6 calendars (all associated with email addresses but not actual calendars) and none are the ical names.
    10-03-09 01:36 PM
    How do your calendars look on your device? I have the 8830 and all four of my icals subscribed calendars (home, work, wife's, gmail) show up in the DM sync window, but not on the device. The events will go over, but the option to choose a calendar on the device has 6 calendars (all associated with email addresses but not actual calendars) and none are the ical names.
    I have all three of my calendars (subscribed or otherwise) associated to the same email addy, so they all show up in my main calendar. The only exception to this (and hence, the only calendar I can filter out) is the Facebook birthdays calendar.

In DM, my main calendar and my two subscribed calendars show up in the sync window where I can choose to check or uncheck them. The Facebook calendar does not show up in that window.

Make sense?
    10-03-09 01:47 PM
    Well you kind of miss my point ...I am not suggesting this is the thread to post all of the info. What I am suggesting is when you post in a thread (any), you supply some basic info.
    Oh, haha! Totally misread your post.
    10-03-09 01:49 PM
    I have all three of my calendars (subscribed or otherwise) associated to the same email addy, so they all show up in my main calendar. The only exception to this (and hence, the only calendar I can filter out) is the Facebook birthdays calendar.

In DM, my main calendar and my two subscribed calendars show up in the sync window where I can choose to check or uncheck them. The Facebook calendar does not show up in that window.

Make sense?
    Ok not to be a dumb a$$ but how did you associate them? And any ideas as to why the "calendars" that are on the BB are associated with email addresses that don't have calendars with them?
    10-03-09 02:50 PM
    Ok not to be a dumb a$$ but how did you associate them? And any ideas as to why the "calendars" that are on the BB are associated with email addresses that don't have calendars with them?
    I guess what I meant to say is I only use one email address (a mobileme account) to send all of my events and subscribed calendars and therefore all of those calendars are tied to only one email addy. It sounds like yours is set up the same way. If I, for example, set a new event in my calendar and from the pull down menu on my device chose to send it via one of my gmail accounts, then it'd show up as a different colored event on my Berry's calendar. From there, if I were to go to that gmail calendar via Select Calendar, only that one event that I just added would show up. Does that make sense?
    10-03-09 03:29 PM
    Building off what you said, is it possible the google sync is causing this issue since it is still on my bb?
    10-03-09 07:27 PM
    I would get rid of google sync...it duplicated so many events for me I dumped it.
    10-03-09 08:42 PM
    Building off what you said, is it possible the google sync is causing this issue since it is still on my bb?
    It's worth a shot, but I've google sync on my device and i'm still able to sync calendars without issue...
    10-04-09 10:40 AM
    So far my DM has sync'd iCal and Address book with no duplicates, etc.

Tour 9630 | v4.7.1.40 |
    15" MacBook Pro | v10.6.1 | 2.5GHz Intel Core 2 Duo |

BB Apps: Facebook, Twitterberry, BerryWeather, BerryBuzz

Have not tried to sync iTunes yet...waiting for another day

Good luck all...

*REMOVED*
    -Google Sync AFTER initial sync with no issues just didn't want to risk duplicates
    -Never did install the leaked DM.
    -Removed Missing Sync prior to initial sync
    10-04-09 01:54 PM
    Umm...spoke too soon. iCal sync's either from BB or MacBook Pro, Contacts will not sync either way. Anyone have any suggestions?

So far my DM has sync'd iCal and Address book with no duplicates, etc.

Tour 9630 | v4.7.1.40 |
    15" MacBook Pro | v10.6.1 | 2.5GHz Intel Core 2 Duo |

BB Apps: Facebook, Twitterberry, BerryWeather, BerryBuzz

Have not tried to sync iTunes yet...waiting for another day

Good luck all...

*REMOVED*
    -Google Sync AFTER initial sync with no issues just didn't want to risk duplicates
    -Never did install the leaked DM.
    -Removed Missing Sync prior to initial sync
    10-06-09 08:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD