technology is definitely out to get me right now!

i can't find a number for blackberry support....probably there is none. and the stupid sprint chat team is currently unavailable. and searching through the forums here and at BB, i can't find a thread to address my particular issue. please....let there be someone here at this moment to help me!!!

msn messenger on my tour has been acting up. this morning, while half asleep, i thought i would check app world for a newer version...which there was. i downloaded and installed it and then rebooted my phone. when everything came back up, i couldn't find msn. i had that problem once before with some app and i think it was fixed with a second reboot. so i did that. but this time, i got the error message: RELOAD SOFTWARE 552! i went to BB site's forums and found some threads about this. it says to reinstall the OS. to do this, i have to do it via my blackberry desktop software. ha. well, i am a mac user. i couldn't get the mac desktop software when it was finally released because i'm still using Tiger. i believe i need a minimum of Leopard to use it. anyway, so, yeah, i can't do pooh about this. like i said, i tried contacting sprint chat support online, but they all seem to be off at the water cooler discussing glee. i don't know. i don't want to call because i typically get a complete tool on the phone when i call there. i have always had my best luck online.

so....anyone know what i'm going to need to do? should i just bring my phone to my nearest sprint repair center?

i need my phone! i'm sure everyone knows the feeling of being without a working phone. it's just killing me right now cus my computer is dying and i'm praying i can get the funding set right so i can get new one of those....then i can have the mac desktop software and all will be good. but, in the meantime, i feel like i'm stuck in a twilight zone episode where technology decides to wage war against me.

thanks for your help!
    05-18-10 09:36 AM
    Install the desktop manager software on a friend's computer, then reload the OS that way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-10 09:48 AM
    I agree. Your best bet is try to find a pc you can use temporarily to re-load the software. Maybe a computer at work or something?

Wouldn't hurt to contact Sprint, maybe they'll just send you a new phone.
    05-18-10 10:13 AM
    thanks guys. i actually realised i could do that a little bit ago. i don't know why it didn't occur to me sooner. i do have access to a pc at my house, so i will see if it's cool with them for me to install that.

however, when i go out in a moment, i am going to stop by the local sprint store and repair centre and see what say....i.e. the get a new phone thought! hahhaha.
    05-18-10 11:57 AM
    You may not have to re-load the OS. If you can remove the app that triggered the 552 error, and delete it, your Tour will boot up with all data and apps intact.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/er...lution-417139/

i've had probably 4 552 errors, only one that required me to reload the software. The other times i just removed the app that caused it.

05-18-10 12:05 PM
    You may not have to re-load the OS. If you can remove the app that triggered the 552 error, and delete it, your Tour will boot up with all data and apps intact.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/er...lution-417139/

i've had probably 4 552 errors, only one that required me to reload the software. The other times i just removed the app that caused it.

I forgot about this, thanks Chrisy.

But if the OP can't use the phone, he/she would need access to a PC anyway.
    05-18-10 12:48 PM
    i took the phone to sprint and they took care of everything for me. and it was free. i don't know why. would that normally be a free service for any customer????

i'm just bummed and stressed now because i lost all my contacts' information, all my apps, and all the stupid factory settings were restored. boo. i have no way of getting some of those phone numbers again. oops. and i paid for some of those app. as for the contacts, yeah, i'm putting that information in an additional place from now on.

thanks again for your help, guys!
    05-18-10 05:52 PM
    Have you ever made a backup of your device data using Desktop Manager? If not, this is a rough lesson for to do so in the future.

You can load your paid apps on your replacement device. Just go to where you bought the apps and change the PIN # on your account. Then re-download your apps and enter the registration codes which can also be found where you bought the apps.

Sorry you lost your info. That's a hassle!

05-18-10 06:00 PM
    Also, if the 552 error happens again, read through the link that i posted. You can easily fix that error yourself without losing any info/apps/settings.

05-18-10 06:02 PM
    yes, thank you for the link. i will need to bookmark that.

thankfully, i am most likely getting a new computer very soon...which mean i can use desktop manager, but i can't right now since i am using an outdated mac OS X. yesterday, the sprint guy told me i could back up all my information through google. until i get the new computer, i will just write down the numbers and such as i get them.

as for the apps, i don't remember where i got them all. i got the majority of my apps in august. buuuuuuut.....most came from app world. some came from here and some came from sprint. i'm just annoyed about the ones i paid for that i lost. i was thinking i hadn't paid more than $5 for an app, but i think i might have splurged on a game and paid a little more.i'm just happy i didn't give into skype at the time. but, like you said, something like that, i probably could have easily gotten back again.

i never bothered to ask anyone....what happened to my phone exactly? i keep saying it had a major malfunction, but that's not exactly knowing the cause.
    05-19-10 10:47 AM
    This error occurs in OS 4.7. It is an application indexing problem during installation of apps. In essence, the application doesn't get permissions set properly, or it gets installed to the wrong memory location.
    A simple explanation.

05-19-10 11:36 AM
    A simple explanation.

interesting. thank you.

i figured something to do with the installation made my phone have a nervous breakdown. good to know WHY it had the breakdown.
    05-19-10 04:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD