I looked throughout all of the threads and didnt find my answer. So i i overlooked something sorry. Im getting my 8220 next week and want to be proactive and learn about google sync. I need to know what os version will work, which version of google sync will work, or if pocket mac will work fine (SIDE NOTE, I HAVE A MAC SO PLEASE KEEP THAT IN MIND) So it would be great if i could use google sync with my ical and such . Provide links if you could and thanks
    10-29-08 12:40 PM
    I'm running OS 4.5.69 and Google Sync version 0.4.6 (1017) which, as far as I know is the latest version of Google Sync. It works great.

My suggestion would be to run Spanning Sync on your Macs to sync your iCal with Google, then you can have the full sync solution.

--EDIT--
    Decided to look, and apparently, Google Sync has been updated to 0.4.7 now.
    Last edited by FunkEye; 10-29-08 at 02:39 PM.
    10-29-08 02:30 PM
    You also have to create a Google account. When you install google sync on your BB and Spanning sync or Busy Sync on your mac, you get bi-directional wireless syncing.
    10-29-08 10:27 PM
    so download spanning sync and google sync to my mac?
    10-30-08 11:55 PM
    Spanning sync goes on the Mac, Google sync goes on the BB
    10-31-08 10:05 AM
    Sorry for this idiotic question, but now that I've gone to the trouble of getting an iphone because I didn't think there was a syncing option for blackberry / mac and pocket mac and missing sync didn't work for me and my pearl you're saying that spanning sync and google sync could have done the trick?

I've now synced my ical and address book to google calendar and gmail contacts. Will google sync for the blackberry do the calendar sync and contacts, or just the calendar?

Mark
    Last edited by bbmark; 10-31-08 at 03:12 PM.
    10-31-08 12:28 PM
    Just the calendar. I gotta be honest, if your using a Mac and don't have BES for the BB, I think the iPhone is the way to go. It's made for the Mac and you have the full support of Apple behind you. I have been researching the iPhone really heavily this week, I looks like it might work for what I do. There is a little bit of hesitation, but I'm going to take it slow.
    10-31-08 10:10 PM
    Thats kind of what I thought and then confirmed it by doing a "beta" test using my wife's curve and google sync. Calendar did sync flawlessly, but not contacts.

I still miss push email and a little more rugged phone.

However, there are certain things the iPhone does, like syncing wirelessly, gps, internet, all music from itunes, that are tough to beat.

I will be interested to do another comparison, if and when RIM ever releases this long talked about desk top manager for mac.
    11-02-08 12:57 PM
    alright, i'm contemplating getting bbs for my wife and i. is there a way that my calendar on my mac at work could sync with both bbs, and my wifes calendar on her mac at home could do the same? so we would both have each others calendars on our bbs. if so would we both need to be using the same type of calendar, ie: ical, entourage, ect..
    11-11-08 05:57 PM
    No, you cannot combine calendars per se. What my wife and I do is use the invite feature. When I accept, It goes right into my calendar. If she updates the appointment, I get an update. It works out great.
    11-12-08 11:25 PM
    alright, i'm thinking there has to be somthing similar to Apple's MobileMe. i'm stuck between the dreaded iphone or a bb. i'll probably wait till Q1 and the 8900 and hopefully the bb mac software will solve the problem.
    11-13-08 12:33 PM
    If you want a MobileMe type service you have to get a hosted BES which will run you about $20.00/mo/BB
    11-13-08 05:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD