Ok. So I think this is pretty funny.

I went into the Apple store to buy my new MacBook Crazy lady completely screws up my order. Charges me too much, then has to return it and rebuy it. Not a problem, except for the fact that it caused my credit card to go haywire because it was two big purchases in too short of a time. Immediately my blackberry goes off alerting me that the fraud email from discover card had come in (thankfully it goes to my yahoo email address). The woman is so flustered and goes, "I'm so sorry...I don't know what happened, it's not going through hmmm". I reply, "Oh, I know, it just came through on my phone" and I whip out my blackberry, open the email and click the number in the email to call discover fraud services, to which the employee responds "I only thought the iPhone could do that...."

Stupid Apple reps who only know the iPhone....lol.
    11-05-08 11:19 PM
    yea, more often then not the retail stores hires clueless people and trains them...sounds like you got one of those people...
    11-05-08 11:57 PM
    Let's be real....I'm a MacAddict, but those customer service reps live in an Apple bubble. Anything outside that bubble doesn't exist....
    11-06-08 12:51 AM
    lol Wow thats crazy. I had to deal with some pretty clueless people today in a JCPennys, similar to this situation, but about clothes. Haha!
    11-06-08 01:40 AM
    It was hilarious because this woman looked at me and my blackberry like I had pulled something from Star Trek out of my pocket. The look on her face was priceless!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-08 07:54 AM
    Well, considering how relatively "mainstream" the BlackBerry is, I'd sort of expected a reaction more like "That's cool!"- rather than the dear-in-the-headlights expression you probably received.
    That said, I can't really blame the "Apple Bubble" entirely on the sales staff. I mean, if you work in a hamburger joint, you probably were not trained to know anything more than where the meat freezer is located at and ask "would you like fries with that?" Every 5 seconds.

First question most people ask (who know I'm a Mac user) when they see my BB, is "what's THAT?" - quickly followed by:"so why don't you have an iPhone?".
    Ah, stereotypes.
    Just for the record, I don't own an iPod either - not yet anyway. My MP3 player works fine and I can swap out my own batteries myself, thank you very much- no additional fees involved.
    11-06-08 08:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD