I know that with PDA net, I can tether my Verizon blackberry to my windows desktop for free - great.

What about with a Mac? I checked the PDA net website to find something - but no luck.

Any ideas? I'm thinking about making the move to a macbook pro, but wanted to make sure I can tether, etc.

Thanks!
    09-03-09 04:37 PM
    Check out tetherberry.com Not free but the best option out there.
    09-03-09 05:00 PM
    tetherberry rocks! - - - BUT - - - no mac support yet. still in beta testing.
    09-03-09 06:58 PM
    I have my alltel tour tethering via bluetooth. Add it as a generic device. Use the phone number #777. User name is your phone number ( no @ vzw just the number) and the password is whatever VSW uses.
    09-03-09 08:18 PM
    There's no software out there to tether your bb with a mac. At least nothing that's been released. And verizion actually has a monthly fee to be able to tether your phone. Depending on your plan it costs either 29.99 or 14.99/month. Just an FYI, if you can get it to let you tether via bluetooth your user name will be (insert 10 digit # here)@vzw3g.com and the password is vzw.
    09-03-09 08:26 PM
    PDANet should support mac via BT as soon as they fix the BT support.
    I have tetherberry, and was going to jump to PDAnet for the BT option, but it doesnt seem to work yet..
    So now im waiting for either TB or PDA to fix their BT so i can use it without a damn wire
    09-03-09 09:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD