2007 Outlook Vista -> Apple Mail

My goal is to export my mail/folders. And import using Apple Mail. I've done a lot of research, trial and error. Can't get it to work. Downloaded littlemachines,thunderbird, still can not figure this out.

Eventually I want to use the blackberry software for mac, to get my NOTES from the device into the mac, and eventually somewhere that I can sync them. Haven't tried this yet. Need to find my usb cable.

Contacts, I am using gmail as a backup. But I'm hoping to go from the device into apple mail, like above.

Calendar isn't a problem, I am using google sync which is 100% amazing.

Any experience going from outlook to apple mail, help is much appreciated, thanks!
    11-05-09 01:00 PM
    In the past, I've been able to use Netscape Communicator as a conduit to move from Outlook to Apple Mail. I don't know if that program is still available.

Another option is in Outlook, set your account to use SMTP instead of POP, then move all your mail from Outlook to the SMTP server. Then go into Apple Mail, set up your email account as an SMTP server matching how it's set up in Outlook. Then your email should show up in Mail. You can now copy your mail into Apple Mail, and change the account back to POP.
    11-05-09 03:14 PM
    interesting angle. thx.
    11-05-09 04:03 PM
    Use Gmail:
    Set it up for IMAP (messages stay on server).
    Make new Gmail account in Outlook.
    Drag messages from your old Outlook Inbox to the new Gmail Inbox.
    Do the same with Sent, Drafts, etc.

In Apple Mail set up your Gmail account.
    All messages will download.

Hints:
    Set Gmail to send using your ISP or webhost SMTP account. When you send messages they appear from your Email not "username@gmail.com".

For Contacts:
    Export your Outlook address book and import it into Gmail via yout web browser.
    In Apple Address Book preferences sync with Gmail.

The devil is in the details and for that Google is your friend. . BTW I like the new BlackBerry Advanced Gmail plugin. You can search all your Gmail emails from the device. Plus it lets you Star (Flag) and move messages to subfolders. And with OS 5 you can sync Gmail contacts.

-- Robert.
    11-05-09 07:44 PM
    That's what I meant before, but I said SMTP when I meant to say IMAP. I got my acronyms messed up. You don't necessarily have to set up a Google Account though if your current email supports IMAP.
    11-05-09 08:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD