After being on the phone for over 2 hours with a verizon tech and a blackberry tech a level two tech at Blackberry fixed my problem. He explained that they have seen this issue on refurbished blackberry storms. There is a file missing that wont allow the computer to see the storm as a mass storage device. He directed me to a link that explained the problem and a showed the solution. I downloaded a file to my PC and put on my storm. All seems fine for now. I included the link below. Scroll to the bottom of the bb page and download file. plug you phone in and it will load and restart the storm.

View Document

BWT i tried the other link posted in other threads with no success.
    10-09-09 02:04 PM
    Greetings from Mexico! This was definitely helpful to enable my storm!

Cheo
    10-09-09 08:17 PM
    OK--so I have tried the pinstack fix and got nowhere. I also downloaded this blackberry fix on the Windows side of my Mac and nothing seems to work. I'm still having the Desktop Manager for Mac tell me it ejected my drive halfway through syncing my music. I have done battery pulls after running the .exe file and restarted my Mac. I even got a new memory card from BB thinking that might be the problem. I'm getting frustrated and don't trust putting anything on my memory card for fear it will disappear. And yes, this is a refurbished Storm from Verizon. Help please!!!
    10-10-09 12:50 PM
    Will have to try this!
    10-10-09 12:54 PM
    Just tried this but the PC does not even seem to recognize the Storm. It makes the little noise that PCs make when you connect a device but running that file from the RIM site does nothing. It actually opens and closes instantly, so fast that I cannot read what it says but I think it says something along the lines as no BB is connected to the PC. Damn I cannot wait for VZW to get an iPhone this BB is pissing me off.
    10-12-09 06:30 PM
    Read the ariticle and says only works for PC not MAC ? Did it work on your MAC ? All I want to do is get iTunes and iPhoto on my Storm from my MAC. Was working with PocketMac, but know not working and not working the the new desktop manager

PLEASE HELP - THANK YOU
    11-03-09 05:08 PM
    Read the ariticle and says only works for PC not MAC ? Did it work on your MAC ? All I want to do is get iTunes and iPhoto on my Storm from my MAC. Was working with PocketMac, but know not working and not working the the new desktop manager

PLEASE HELP - THANK YOU
    re: iTunes

I use BBDM for Macintosh (1.0.1) and create a "playlist" specifically for my Storm under iTunes, then drag over all the songs I want to that newly created group. Next plug in my Storm which launches BBDM, then highlight 'music' on the left column of the BBDM Window, click on "Selected playlists" in the middle of BBDM Window (the playlist that I created earlier) then finally click on SYNC (upper right on BBDM window. (If "Selected Playlists" is dimmed, click on that icon to drop down menu to select this option. You can verify that it is now active by looking on the left column and there should now appear a 'circular arrows' next to Music.)

[IMG][/IMG]

I can fit a ton of music on my media card.

re: iPhoto

I have not done this yet, but I know this is one easy method that would work. Either 'export' the photos you want for your BB from iPhoto -or- email them to yourself. Attach your BB to your desktop (make sure you allow media card to mount) you can then simply drag over your pictures to the PICTURE folder on your BB Media Card.

Lemme know if I wasn't clear - good luck
    Last edited by woodsong; 11-04-09 at 07:21 PM.
    11-04-09 07:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD