Howdy,

I have .mac mail and I do have the Junk filter turned on in preferences. It works fine on my Mac, but the junk mail still goes to my BB Storm and is driving me crazy.

How do I get the junk mail to stop going to the Storm?

Thanks
    03-26-09 01:08 PM
    Howdy,

I have .mac mail and I do have the Junk filter turned on in preferences. It works fine on my Mac, but the junk mail still goes to my BB Storm and is driving me crazy.

How do I get the junk mail to stop going to the Storm?

Thanks
    03-26-09 03:43 PM
    Thank you! I will look into that.
    03-26-09 06:53 PM
    Interesting. I don't seem to have that problem. Can you set the BB to only download the inbox?
    03-28-09 04:10 AM
    Apple does not perform junk mail filtering on the server side (or if they do, it's pretty poor--nothing approaching Google's filtering). The junk mail filtering in Mail.app is performed _after_ the junk is delivered to your mac. Since you're receiving mail on the BB more-or-less directly from Apple's server, your junk mail filter on your mac does not have a chance to do its work.

AFAIK, there is no junk mail filter for the BIS system. You can set up filters, but it would be pretty cumbersome to set up filters that would catch most junk mail.
    03-28-09 11:23 AM
    If it's delivered to your mac though and THEN filtered, MobileMe should automatically sync the junk into the junk folder on the server right? So if it does that before the BB checks for new mail you should be good. Thing is, I've noticed that my Storm actually gets mail from my MobileMe account BEFORE my computer, so it seems to be pushing to the Storm as well. I never get junkmail on my Storm though.
    03-28-09 08:21 PM
    Apple and RIM should work together and make all of mobile me work.
    03-29-09 07:24 PM
    Well, for the record... It is filters on the Blackberry/verizon BIS site or nothing. After numerous calls to Apple and Verizon that is the bottom line.

What a bummer. I get email notifications all day and cant stop the junk ones... That alone is a major draw to the iphone for me. What in the world are BB users doing for junk mail? This seems way to odd to me.

Is everyone using mac mail stuck? I wonder if Outlook or gmail has the same issues? I cannot believe everyone gets ridiculous junk mail all day like me...

Aaaarrrggghhh... This should be a simple deal..
    04-04-09 12:48 AM
    It's possible it's just time for a new email address. I have 3. You should have at least two. I have one for signing up for things online (where you get most of your junkmail), one for paying my bills, and one for my personal contacts. Actually, counting the BB one, I have 4, but nothing ever goes to that one. That's probably why I'm not getting any junkmail. I only have my personal email and my bills email set up. The other one just goes to my mac where it gets filtered by Mail.app. Using MobileMe, you could just set up an alias for your address and give it to your friends and then erase your old address from the BB and set up the new alias address.
    Last edited by ClintAustin; 04-04-09 at 02:25 AM.
    04-04-09 02:22 AM
    Well, for the record... It is filters on the Blackberry/verizon BIS site or nothing. After numerous calls to Apple and Verizon that is the bottom line.

What a bummer. I get email notifications all day and cant stop the junk ones... That alone is a major draw to the iphone for me. What in the world are BB users doing for junk mail? This seems way to odd to me.

Is everyone using mac mail stuck? I wonder if Outlook or gmail has the same issues? I cannot believe everyone gets ridiculous junk mail all day like me...

Aaaarrrggghhh... This should be a simple deal..
    So...did Apple/AT&T tell you that email server filtering is not available, or what ?
    I had one person at AT&T say NO, but then is this correct ?

I have a friend with an iPHONE/AT&T. Can I go to an AT&T server and set filters to limit which emails get to the iPHONE, or not ? I am interested in the style, "Send this to the phone if and only if it is on this list of email sender addresses." You know, like we do with our BBs and VZN.

Doctor Neutron
    04-25-09 09:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD