The title pretty much says it all. I have been trying to update to .328 all day long and it hasn't worked using DM for MAC or DM for PC. Can anyone shed some light on this for me? I've searched and haven't really found many solutions.
    10-26-09 02:35 PM
    You have a PC in front of you? or just a Mac?
    10-26-09 02:37 PM
    You have a PC in front of you? or just a Mac?
    I am using a Mac, and running windows XP in virtual machine.
    10-26-09 02:38 PM
    Aha, so can you get the loader up through XP?
    10-26-09 02:41 PM
    Aha, so can you get the loader up through XP?
    Yeah I was using DM on XP and it was going smoothly and I went to class, came back and there was just a message saying "there has been a fatal error"
    10-26-09 02:44 PM
    I just tried for a second time...fatal error here too. It was almost through it, I just came to check back on it and I was excited it was so close to being finished downloading...ugh.
    10-26-09 02:50 PM
    Download the file and install it through the apploader not through DM.

Check out my guide on how to install through windows.
    10-26-09 03:01 PM
    Download the file and install it through the apploader not through DM.

Check out my guide on how to install through windows.
    Sorry for being a noob but whats apploader?
    10-26-09 03:20 PM
    Can you install an .exe file on your computer using that XP you have?
    10-26-09 03:48 PM
    Can you install an .exe file on your computer using that XP you have?
    Yeah I can. I realize you mean the application loader haha I thought you were saying use a different program called apploader...its been a long day. Well I'm trying to just install normally now on DM running on XP. 278 files down, I'll let ya know what happens.
    10-26-09 03:51 PM
    Alright, if that doesn't work you can download the exe and run it through the loader.
    Let me know.
    10-26-09 03:53 PM
    Open DM first, then connect your BB to it and let DM read and check for updates. After it checks for updates you should get the 5.0 OS notification and you should be able to download it. I was having the same issues as you with getting fatal errors on my pc, but once I opened up DM first and then hooked up the BB to my PC I was able to do it. Good luck.
    10-26-09 03:57 PM
    Open DM first, then connect your BB to it and let DM read and check for updates. After it checks for updates you should get the 5.0 OS notification and you should be able to download it. I was having the same issues as you with getting fatal errors on my pc, but once I opened up DM first and then hooked up the BB to my PC I was able to do it. Good luck.

Thanks for the reply, this is what I actually happened to do on this try and its almost down downloading all the modules. Few more to go, we'll see if it works.
    10-26-09 04:02 PM
    Finished downloading all of the modules and came up with the error "A fatal error has occurred while updating your device's software. Please try again." Awesome. Any thoughts?
    10-26-09 04:08 PM
    The same thing was happening to me. Here is what I had to do...

go to this website...

BlackBerry - Storm Updates – BlackBerry Storm Software Upgrade

Click "check for updates"

It will open up the application loader (if you need updated software it will prompt you to download it, DO IT)

After the application loader software has been updated OR if none was needed...plug in your BB to the USB and go from there

Hope this helps
    10-26-09 04:16 PM
    did all i could. ran out of patience. call VZW, OP. i will be getting my new storm tomorrow. overnighted and everything.
    10-26-09 04:22 PM
    The same thing was happening to me. Here is what I had to do...

go to this website...

BlackBerry - Storm Updates – BlackBerry Storm Software Upgrade

Click "check for updates"

It will open up the application loader (if you need updated software it will prompt you to download it, DO IT)

After the application loader software has been updated OR if none was needed...plug in your BB to the USB and go from there

Hope this helps

Thank you I'll try this now. If that doesn't work VZW is getting a call I'm thinking.
    10-26-09 04:36 PM
    Thank you I'll try this now. If that doesn't work VZW is getting a call I'm thinking.
    Let me know what happens
    10-26-09 04:53 PM
    Let me know what happens
    After about half an hour its still downloading the application loader update.(total unkown) Awesome. **** this
    10-26-09 04:57 PM
    Now the application loader upgrade failed. Wow
    10-26-09 05:08 PM
    Now the application loader upgrade failed. Wow
    really? wow it took awhile for the application loader to update...but it went through fine for me. Try closing down everything on your computer except for that update and see what happens...
    10-26-09 05:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD