While trying to upgrade my Tour on my macbook running the latest version of DM, my Tour made it most of the way through the process and then the reload: error 507 showed up on the screen and now Ive tried to reload it twice both with the same negative results. Im devastated cause Im going on a scouting trip in 8 hours...def need the phone. please send any help my way cause i sure need it right now
    03-31-10 12:29 AM
    So you get it connected with DM and it starts to load then kicks out to the error 507 (brick) screen?

Edit: If this is what is happening and the phone is still able to be recognized by DM, just use apploader instead of DM to do it.

Go Computer>Program Files>Common Files>Research In Motion>AppLoader>Loader application

Make sure .591 is installed on the computer (redundant I know but just covering my bases). Open apploader, when you see your PIN by the connection box click next. Hopefully the 5.0 OS show up after this and then click next, choose what you want or don't want loaded with the OS and the rest is hopefully smooth sailing. Let me know if you still error out, I don't know if I'd have another solution or not.
    Last edited by macaroni86; 03-31-10 at 12:55 AM.
    03-31-10 12:51 AM
    Problem Updating with a Mac

BB Not Recognized by Mac

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-10 02:40 AM
    So you get it connected with DM and it starts to load then kicks out to the error 507 (brick) screen?

Edit: If this is what is happening and the phone is still able to be recognized by DM, just use apploader instead of DM to do it.

Go Computer>Program Files>Common Files>Research In Motion>AppLoader>Loader application

Make sure .591 is installed on the computer (redundant I know but just covering my bases). Open apploader, when you see your PIN by the connection box click next. Hopefully the 5.0 OS show up after this and then click next, choose what you want or don't want loaded with the OS and the rest is hopefully smooth sailing. Let me know if you still error out, I don't know if I'd have another solution or not.
    PC guys just don't understand us Mac users.. there is no apploader for OSX

Follow the links in the above post and you'll be golden
    03-31-10 02:50 AM
    Thanks so much! the mac post worked and not a minute sooner. On my way out the door to see prospective athletes now with a working 5.0 Tour.
    Last edited by stdguy10; 03-31-10 at 02:50 PM.
    03-31-10 08:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD