I'm having problems synching my Curve to my Intel Macbook. All worked well for a time, but things have started getting a bit weird.

When I synch, using Pocketmac, lately the synch has not been giving me that satisfying "synchronization complete" message. Instead, it goes through synching my calendar, emails and contacts and then hangs out with a "synchronizing data" message indefinitely. The message doesn't go away until I close the synch manager or cancel the synch.

Also, I noticed that recently my contacts are a bit mixed up. The business name for one contact is listed for a different contact, and names are not assigned to the correct email addresses.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling PocketMac. I've also tried removing the Curve battery for about 5 minutes. Both measures were to no avail.

Any ideas?
    03-21-08 03:54 PM
    Which version of Entourage are you using? Did you install all its updates?
    03-21-08 07:16 PM
    I'm using version 11.4.0. I have my Mac set up to update automatically, so I've probably installed updates.
    03-21-08 08:12 PM
    Probably, latest version showing at http://forums.crackberry.com/e?link=...token=j8UupMUE is 11.4.1.

As a try, you can create a new contacts folder in Entourage 2004, move all your contacts there, then create a new one in the original folder and see if Pocket Mac will sync. It could be a problematic contact causing an issue somehow.
    03-21-08 08:41 PM
    I recently purchased a MacBook, I am using PocketSync and my Curve sync'd very easily with iCal and Address Book (I am using iWorks)...

eR
    03-21-08 10:06 PM
    I have the most recent version of Entourage 2004 and am using Pocketmac. i am trying to sync for the first time but it just hangs half way through. the first time it hung during the calendar update. the second and third times it hung while "synchronizing data". how do i get it to do a clean sync? is there anywhere to get tech support on pocketmac?

thank you.

Ian
    03-25-08 07:48 PM
    I never used Pocket Mac, as I sync with BES directly, but take a look at markspace.com. Here is a KB article:

https://support.markspace.com/index....kbarticleid=66

Also since PocketMac is now being distributed by RIM, you can search their KB or contact them as well:

BlackBerry Search Results

There is tons of articles there, one might be able to help you.
    03-25-08 08:11 PM
    I give up. My Blackberry's also taking more than 24 hours to deliver email messages that I was previously receiving instantaneously, and the battery's dying after less than a day. I've contacted Blackberry and they're sending me a replacement device. Once I receive it, I plan to manually update all of my contacts, revert to an earlier version of Entourage, and start over. I might also look into skipping PocketMac altogether and going with the Missing Sync instead. After all, how good is a software program if it stifles your ability to upgrade other interrelative programs?
    03-26-08 10:52 AM
    I gave up on the calendar sync between Entourage 2004 and my BB. I moved over to GCal using GSync...it's flawless and for the first time, I'm not wondering if my calendar entries are all screwed up! I'll keep doing this until there is a DTM for Mac.

I am still using PM for syncing my contacts with Entourage 2004 as that works perfectly.
    03-26-08 11:51 AM
    I give up. My Blackberry's also taking more than 24 hours to deliver email messages that I was previously receiving instantaneously, and the battery's dying after less than a day. I've contacted Blackberry and they're sending me a replacement device. Once I receive it, I plan to manually update all of my contacts, revert to an earlier version of Entourage, and start over. I might also look into skipping PocketMac altogether and going with the Missing Sync instead. After all, how good is a software program if it stifles your ability to upgrade other interrelative programs?
    How old is your BB, that RIM is sending you a replacement....or is At&t sending you a replacement?
    03-26-08 10:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD