Any thoughs on how do you sync with Entourage? Do I have to use ical?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-09 06:12 PM
    any thoughts on what version entourage, Mac os, device, or any thing else if you want some help....
    10-04-09 06:27 PM
    I use Entourage 2008, Snow Leopard, iMac, Missing Sync. You have to go to Entourage/Preferences and under Sync Services, click the boxes next to the data you want to sync (contacts, calendar, notes). I think you have to do this regardless of the sync software you use. You may also have to go to Applications/iSync/Preferences to activate syncing on your computer if that is not already activated. After you install your sync program, you should be good to go.
    10-04-09 06:44 PM
    any thoughts on what version entourage, Mac os, device, or any thing else if you want some help....
    Entourage 2004 with Snow Leopard, intel proc. Syncng with a tour. Trying to sync straight to entourage instead of ical.
    Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-09 02:14 AM
    Pocket Mac is the only app that syncs BlackBerry directly with Entourage. Missing Sync and BlackBerry DM use Sync Services that rely on iCal and Address Book as conduits.

If you want to try PM hurry! PocketMac.net still have PM free. BlackBerry.com have replaced it with their own Mac app.

-- Robert.
    10-05-09 02:54 AM
    I'm switching from Windows to a Mac, meaning from Outlook 2007 to ??? and am wondering with the new Mac desktop manager from RIM, can I sync natively to Entourage or do I need a 3rd-party software program for that to work? Thanks.
    03-22-10 12:20 AM
    Hi,

The BlackBerry Desktop Manager for Mac does not natively support Entourage. It uses Apple Sync Services meaning it uses Apple iCal and Address Book as conduits. This proves to be both limited and unreliable.

And forget BES, Entourage doesn't sync Tasks or Notes with BlackBerry OTA.

Welcome to the dark side of BlackBerry and Mac!

-- Robert.
    03-22-10 05:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD