Hi guys. Posted this on the Tour board, but I think its more Mac related so I was hoping someoe here could help me out. I just switched to Sprint and got my Tour 9630 on Monday. So far I absolutely love the phone, but I'm having a problem I can't figure out how to resolve at the moment.

When I got my Tour I manually entered all my contacts because Sprint didn't have the right adapter to transfer them from my old Verizon phone. So I did that. Then yesterday I loaded the Desktop software to my work PC and synched it up, my work contacts from Outlook were transfered to the blackberry with no problems And I was easily able to delete the 2 duplicate contacts that transfered over from the PC.

This morning I installed the Mac Desktop manager on my personal computer and backed it up and synched it. Unlike the PC version, the Mac version doesn't seem to give you the option to tell it what to do with duplicate information. Or if it does I can't seem to find where to change this. So after the synch it transfered over numerous duplicate contacts from my Address Book on the Mac. I tried to delete them in the phone but they won't delete. Even when I edit the contact and just delete all the info in the contact and hit save, the Berry tells me "contact is updated externally, changes will be discarded and the window closed" and it kicks me out, leaving the contact untouched.

So how can I delete these duplicates? I already tried deleting the duplicates in my Address book on the Mac and re-synching but it didn't remove them from the B;aclberry, nor did it re-add them from the Berry to the Address book. I also tried deselecting the contact synch but that didn't work either. Nor did a battery pull. any ideas?
    11-06-09 02:08 PM
    have the sync method to override the phone.....in the sync method?
    I had this issue with my curve and used a freeware program called antidupe to remove duplicates from my address book, then had outlook override the curve....
    11-06-09 02:23 PM
    It wasn't the PC synch that caused the issue. The PC synch worked fine. on the PC I was able to set the desktop manager to just load the contacts from outlook to my Tour.

Its the Mac synch I am having trouble with. With the Mac Desktop manager it only gives me the option to synch both ways. Which it did. It loaded the contacts from my TOur to my Address book Then it loaded the old, very outdated contacts from my address book to my Tour. My issue now is I have all these old, outdated contacts on my tour, and my Tour won't let me edit or delete them. How can I get these old, outdated contacts off my Tour?
    11-06-09 02:29 PM
    Its the Mac synch I am having trouble with. With the Mac Desktop manager it only gives me the option to synch both ways. Which it did. It loaded the contacts from my TOur to my Address book Then it loaded the old, very outdated contacts from my address book to my Tour. My issue now is I have all these old, outdated contacts on my tour, and my Tour won't let me edit or delete them. How can I get these old, outdated contacts off my Tour?
    What I would do is...open Address Book on the mac and clean it up...to the contacts you want. Then sync with device and check the box replace device data.
    11-06-09 03:22 PM
    I tried that. Even tried deleting all the contacts in my Mac address book. I still have these duplicate contacts on the Tour. and the Tour won't let me do anything with them. I select delete and they don't dissapear. when i try to go into the contact on the tour and edit them or just delelte all the info, when I go to exit out and hit Save the tour says "contact udpated externally.Changes will be lost and the viewer closed."

I also tried synching it with my work PC. I moved all my contacts to Outlook. Deleted the ones I didn't want, then tried to synch them back to the Tour but it still didn't work.
    11-06-09 10:44 PM
    wipe the device and start over.
    11-06-09 11:03 PM
    Do a back up and then consolidate your calendars by typing MOVE

Then go to the advanced options and select service book and remove the accounts of the calenders you don't want that have [CICAL] on the end of them but keep the ones with [CMIME]

Then go to security options in general setting and wipe the phone

Then restore the back up that was correct and you will have only that one calendar that you want to use and no future syncs will give that doubles error
    11-07-09 09:43 AM
    The main issue most people seem to have is the 'blackberry desktop folder' in their mac library. Deleting this and and having a phone with empty contacts and address book seems to be almost a requisite. It also helps to have only one calendar on your mac.
    1. Navigate to <User>/Library/Application Support/
    2. Delete the BlackBerryDesktop folder.
    3. Empty the Trash Bin.
    4. Restart BlackBerry Desktop Manager.

Now do the sync again.
    Last edited by john dagis; 11-07-09 at 06:59 PM.
    11-07-09 06:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD