In several threads in this Mac forum, I've read ideas to the effect of, "be patient until RIM develops something better for the Mac." I've also seen allusion to RIM bringing out Desktop Manager for the Mac.

My question is this: is RIM actually developing a version of DTM for the Mac, or am I going to have to go on being frustrated about what Pocket Mac (or Missing Sync) will and won't do, in comparison to my wife's Windows machine?

I want my DTM! And I want it to work right! And I don't want to have to use a Windows machine to use it!
    03-11-08 11:49 AM
    I think all of us Mac users are anxiously waiting for this Will Mac's becoming more and more popular it is bound to happen one way or another.
    03-11-08 12:39 PM
    My friend indicated this possibility to occur this April. Let's hope it's true!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-11-08 01:00 PM
    The question is will it be able to sync with groupwise? I know GW is an outdated program (especially for Macs), but it's what my company uses, and its a pain in the a** to use mac osx mail, go into my calendar folder, and then add the appointments from there....grrrrrrr

03-12-08 03:30 PM
    My friend indicated this possibility to occur this April. Let's hope it's true!

I think the question is.....

WHO is your friend? Ha...
    03-13-08 09:18 AM
    Not to p on your fire, as I'm hoping to, but I saw in the Blackberry rumors forum that someone posted that a RIM rep told him that they are NOT working on a Mac DTM. So I guess we wait and see...
    03-13-08 10:04 AM
    I think the question is.....

WHO is your friend? Ha...
    I know who my friend is....

The bigger question is.....

WHO is the person my friend spoke with?!
    03-13-08 12:12 PM
    Pete...I hope that rumor is incorrect as that would be a shame!!!
    03-13-08 12:12 PM
    Missing Sync works a lot better than Pocket Mac. It does cost money. I waited and waited trying to decide if it was worth it. Finally, I tried it and it works very well. When I sync it, it syncs with iCal. With the MissingSync program comes software to sync your notes. Tasks are synced within iCal. It is very nice. The only thing that I haven't figured out yet is how to sync music, pics, videos because of the disc mounting issue. Sometimes it resets the home picture on the blackberry, but that is no big deal for me.

Just an FYI for you folks!
    03-13-08 06:29 PM
    Not to p on your fire, as I'm hoping to, but I saw in the Blackberry rumors forum that someone posted that a RIM rep told him that they are NOT working on a Mac DTM. So I guess we wait and see...
    That would be an insane decision on RIM's part. Especially with the iPhone trying to get into the competition.

QUOTE: Sometimes it resets the home picture on the blackberry, but that is no big deal for me.

It does that because the image you're using is saved onto your memory card, when you connect to pc or mac, the phone can't read the memory card, and can't reload the image.
    Last edited by mkfrmn; 03-14-08 at 04:29 AM.
    03-14-08 04:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD