I'm a relatively new Mac user. From the start, when I've downloaded certain files, it's asked me what I want to use to open the file, and I picked something that obviously isn't working.

So now I'm trying to download the lastest version of the OS for my Storm and of course it downloaded fine but I can't open it.

Any advice?
    02-24-09 06:15 AM
    I'm a relatively new Mac user. From the start, when I've downloaded certain files, it's asked me what I want to use to open the file, and I picked something that obviously isn't working.

So now I'm trying to download the lastest version of the OS for my Storm and of course it downloaded fine but I can't open it.

Any advice?
    Note - you won't be able to update your storm from the Mac, for now you'll need a PC to do that, or do it OTA. Also, the updates are windows installer executable, so you won't be able to do much with that either.

That said, you can reset your associations by selecting the file and pressing Command-I. You'll see the association in the pane that opens.
    02-24-09 06:23 AM
    Note - you won't be able to update your storm from the Mac, for now you'll need a PC to do that, or do it OTA. Also, the updates are windows installer executable, so you won't be able to do much with that either.

That said, you can reset your associations by selecting the file and pressing Command-I. You'll see the association in the pane that opens.
    Thanks for your help!
    02-24-09 06:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD