03-18-09 01:51 PM
42 12
tools
    doubleTwist

We have something that can actually make our Blackberry lives easier now with Double Twist!

Has anyone played with this? I'm downloading it right now
    02-24-09 02:15 PM
    DoubleTwist is great!
    Ive been using it for a week now!
    02-24-09 03:41 PM
    So will this be able to transfer our DRM iTunes to our media card and have them actually play on our phones? What's the real difference between this app and simply plugging in out phones vis USB and directly copying music, photos, etc to the media card. Am I missing something?
    02-25-09 08:31 AM
    what exactly is double twist?
    02-25-09 08:42 AM
    what exactly is double twist?
    It apparently is a free program that allows you to move video, music and photos from your Mac to your phone. See Kevin's blog on the main site page.
    02-25-09 09:11 AM
    Can you transfer full movies like Dark Knight to your Blackberry?
    02-25-09 10:00 AM
    Has anyone started using it yet. I plan on trying it out later today and will post some early results but curious to know if anyone else is currently using it?
    02-25-09 10:42 AM
    I used it to transfer some videos to my 8310. It did a fantastic job of formatting the videos on the fly, which was a blessing considering how much trouble I have had getting normal video conversion programs to work.
    02-25-09 11:39 AM
    Glad to hear it worked well for you Sara. I'm going to check it out later and try it with my Bold.
    02-25-09 11:42 AM
    ...enable mass storage mode???? why such a fuss just to transfer files?
    02-25-09 11:52 AM
    ...enable mass storage mode???? why such a fuss just to transfer files?
    yeah, I was wondering what was so different than just plugging in your Storm to your Mac via USB and directly copying the files to yourmedia card. I was hoping that this app would solve the problem with all of the DRM iTunes we all have been downloading. apparently, it does not do DRM stripping. At least, if you read some of the comments on the blog Kevin posted on the main site page. Bummer, man. (sorry, I am from a slightly older generation so I am not quite use to using dude!)
    02-25-09 12:19 PM
    Tried it. Disappointed that when you transfer photos, it doesn't transfer the folder, just the individual pics. I try to keep my photos in some sort of order in different folders. This program doesn't seem to enable you to do this.
    02-25-09 01:02 PM
    I have just downloaded it and will see what it can do fully. This looks great.
    02-25-09 01:15 PM
    Tried it. Disappointed that when you transfer photos, it doesn't transfer the folder, just the individual pics. I try to keep my photos in some sort of order in different folders. This program doesn't seem to enable you to do this.
    Agreed. I sent them a note about this but otherwise pretty nice.
    02-25-09 05:53 PM
    I downloaded it but am unable to create an account as I keep receiving a server timeout. Must be flooded with new account users as I will try again tomorrow.
    02-25-09 07:09 PM
    I have registered for DoubleTwist and it claims to have sent me a confirmation email, but no such email has arrived over an hour later...very odd...
    02-25-09 07:33 PM
    Same deal for me...no confirmation email & their server has a time out warning. I have a feeling their system is probably overloaded with new account requests and can not handle the high traffic. I guess they did not anticipate the power of "Crackberry Nation."
    02-25-09 07:36 PM
    Why can't I sign up? It just keeps loading
    02-25-09 07:55 PM
    I'm still waiting on the email as well. Has anyone been able to use it before and what's it like.
    02-25-09 09:25 PM
    so far so good. only problem I had so far was getting my activation email. this works so well and visually it feels apple made this for blackberry
    02-26-09 01:12 AM
    1. If I rip a dvd formatted for itunes, will that play on the storm?

2. Can it play movies purchased from itunes?

thanks
    02-26-09 10:48 AM
    glad to hear it's working.dnloaded a week ago but hesitant 2 use
    02-26-09 12:09 PM
    DT has been having some massive server issues. I registered 2 days ago and everything just started working today.

If you check their site forums, they try to keep users updated and ask that you please be patient.

If after a day or 2, you still havent received your email, click resend.
    02-26-09 06:52 PM
    So people on this forum are using this.. surely someone has tried and can answer my 2 previous questions

1. If I rip a dvd formatted for itunes, will that play on the storm?

2. Can it play movies purchased from itunes?
    02-26-09 08:04 PM
    I have moved some items from Itunes to my Bold but am not sure about movies as I do not have any.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-09 12:03 AM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD