I know I could never get my Storm to tether with my MAC using bluetooth or the conventional way.

I dont own the Storm2 yet but was wondering if any of you proud Storm2 owners have tried tethering with a MAC yet?

Thanks!
    10-28-09 03:38 PM
    Just picked mine up today. Hooked it up to my macbook pro via usb. The mac recognized it. I disabled my wifi, enabled the blackberry 'connection' and voila I was able to surf the web.

Of course by 'surf the web' I mean every url I entered was redirected to a Verizon page urging me to sign up for some sort of mobile data services option for $30 a month...
    10-29-09 03:25 PM
    with USB connected computer recognized it and manually set it up in network preferences. Connected right away and was as fast or faster than my home network. That's really sad. You do need to have tethering added to your plan thru CS. It is an additional 29.99 with your data plan and is for 5MB only. No unlimited for tethering.

I know I could never get my Storm to tether with my MAC using bluetooth or the conventional way.

I dont own the Storm2 yet but was wondering if any of you proud Storm2 owners have tried tethering with a MAC yet?

Thanks!
    10-30-09 11:59 AM
    I've just upgraded to the Storm 2 and can't get the tethering for my Mac Book Pro to work. I tried bluetooth (worked for my BB world edition no problem) and had the account settings. Didn't work for Storm 2. Then saw the thread above and tried with usb connection. Still not working. What settings should I input? I've tried the bluetooth settings, my blackberry info, and my verizon info. It automatically recognizes the Storm 2 but I think my settings are wrong. I keep getting a modem connection error. Also, I downloaded the new PPPD fix based on another thread to tether. Hope that's not messing me up. Please help. I am paying for tethering through Verizon so that's not the issue.
    11-09-09 11:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD