I'm having a problem that may or may not be related to Parallels.

I've deinstalled and reinstalled the DM that came with my BB Curve (obviously while on the Virtual Machine). But when I connected my BB after reinstall, I get the same message I got prior to reinstall: "verifying applications". And it never finishes!

I would love to clear the whole mess and start over again. And I thought that removing the Blackberry Desktop (using the Windows "Remove App") would GET everything off. Obviously it didn't.

And, since the DM won't do anything until it "verifies apps", I can't do anything else.

Any ideas?

Gary

BB Curve 8330
    Mac OS 10.4.11 (on an Intel MacBook)
    Parallels 4.0.3844
    05-10-09 04:36 PM
    Right there with you...i'm having very similar issues. It never finishes anything.
    05-10-09 04:59 PM
    I've had a lot of problems with Parallels and my BB phones. Seems like Parallels can never fully deliver in that regard. I use VMWare Fusion and XP to run DM and have yet to have a problem. Parallels 3844 is a new build and in my experience each new Parallels build introduces new problems. I "upgraded" to 3844 yesterday and am now having problems upgrading the Parallels Tools.

For application functionality and data sync I choose VMWare. The windows apps always work.

For application integration with OSX I choose Parallels. The coherence feature is excellent and makes it easy to flip back and forth for multiple apps running all at the same time.

To do a clean uninstall of DM check this out first: http://www.uwindsor.ca/units/its/helpdesk/itshd_faq.nsf
    /inTocNetscape/AE38002652E101E985256F810074A23B
    Last edited by LVampa; 05-11-09 at 04:10 AM.
    05-11-09 03:55 AM
    Never had a problem with 5 previous BBs incl 8300 curve, just since I got my 8900 last week

some other guy couldn't get it to work with Bootcamp or VMware, so I want to know if anyone is actually using Parallels with 8900 and DM 4.7
    05-12-09 12:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD