I am a Mac user and I installed Virtual Box and Windows XP Pro with SP3. (I was really afraid my Mac might throw up, but that is another discussion!). I then installed the DM and my device is not being recognized by the DM. I have uninstalled Missing Sync on both the device and my laptop. I am currently running OS .75 on my Storm and would like to upgrade to .109 beta - which was the whole purpose of the installation!

I have upgraded windows and reinstalled the DM, but the problem persists.

Can someone help please? Is Virtual Box the problem? I know others who have used it.

Thank you.
    02-25-09 11:21 AM
    It is most likely because the USB port(s) are being held by the Mac. I use Fusion (running XP and DM) and in there is the option to assign/connect the USB ports (along with CD,sound, etc.) to the virtual machine. Look around in the settings (sorry, I have no Virtual Box experience) for that option.
    02-27-09 02:58 PM
    I've been able to get my 8830 curve to be recognized by the DM while running windows 7 beta in virtualbox on my mac. I can backup and restore but I run into connection issues when I try to update my OS. What happens is the process starts but then the connection between the mac and the BB drops. In fact, just about 5 minutes ago, I came as close as I ever have to getting past the dropped connections and started the actual upgrade process. A short while later, I thought I bricked my BB when a "fatal error" come up in the DM window while updating the OS. My BB turned off and the red LED stayed on. But, I turned it on and it's alive.
    I'm going to live with the current OS for a while longer. Either that or I install windows 7 using bootcamp.

Did you add your BB to the list of USB devices? I had to do this to get my BB to talk to the DM.
    02-27-09 04:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD