Hey all. Just went and bought Snow Leopard for my Macbook today (used to have Tiger) so I could get the DM. Finally got everything installed, hooked up my Blackberry, got that all set up, but... it won't recognize that I have a media card in my phone, so I can't move pictures/music. All it says is that I need to insert a media card. I've tried taking the media card out and putting it back in, both while I had the phone connected and not. Any help here?

Also, when I plug my blackberry into my Mac, it won't show up on the desktop as an extra drive. My first Storm did, but that one had issues so Verizon gave me a new one, and ever since then it won't show up. This bothers me probably more than anything. I've got a new 4gb media card that I want to use, but I can't do that until I can get everything off this media card and onto my computer.

Please help me!!
    10-05-09 09:01 PM
    this has been mentioned in several posts.I have not seen a fix yet. Seems to only affect the storm. Sucks for us.
    10-05-09 10:36 PM
    Reformat your media card and everything will work fine. If you need to save stuff find a pc, card reader, or another phone before you do it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-06-09 10:35 PM
    i reformatted my card and repaired it twice and mine still isnt showing up. i did notice that if i reboot the phone while connected to the dm that it will prompt me to install the latest official OS being .148 for me, saying that no OS is on the phone. Not that it matters really. I to had to get a refurb cause my other phone started acting up. It had no probs being seen by the mac. Now its not happening.
    10-07-09 11:49 AM
    Hey all. Just went and bought Snow Leopard for my Macbook today (used to have Tiger) so I could get the DM. Finally got everything installed, hooked up my Blackberry, got that all set up, but... it won't recognize that I have a media card in my phone, so I can't move pictures/music. All it says is that I need to insert a media card. I've tried taking the media card out and putting it back in, both while I had the phone connected and not. Any help here?

Also, when I plug my blackberry into my Mac, it won't show up on the desktop as an extra drive. My first Storm did, but that one had issues so Verizon gave me a new one, and ever since then it won't show up. This bothers me probably more than anything. I've got a new 4gb media card that I want to use, but I can't do that until I can get everything off this media card and onto my computer.

Please help me!!
    This got my mbp/snow leopard to recognize my tour as another drive, the dm to see the media card, and itunes to load music:

post #22 in this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/f62/off...60/index2.html

hope it works for you too.
    10-07-09 12:12 PM
    this has been mentioned in several posts.I have not seen a fix yet. Seems to only affect the storm. Sucks for us.
    Have no fear, my mac will not recognize my 8830 either. Now, I'm not sure if its b/c I don't have the extra media disk, but I should still be able to get in and review the "Drive" on the bb.

I went and looked in the BB 101 lessons about the DM Mac and it shows it mounted to the mac and the ability to get in to the "drive" on the device and further edit to pick up more memory.
    10-07-09 12:44 PM
    I went and looked in the BB 101 lessons about the DM Mac and it shows it mounted to the mac and the ability to get in to the "drive" on the device and further edit to pick up more memory.

Would you please provide a link to this BB101 lessons about Mac DM.
    10-07-09 03:11 PM
    this from TFM:

My device does not recognize my media card
    Try performing the following actions:
    •Verify that your media card is inserted in your BlackBerry device correctly. For more information about inserting a media card into
    your device, see the printed documentation that came with your device.
    •In your media card options, if there is a message to format your media card, disconnect your device from your computer. Turn off mass
    storage mode or MTP. Format the media card. Turn on mass storage mode or MTP.
    10-07-09 03:43 PM
    Would you please provide a link to this BB101 lessons about Mac DM.
    Here you go. Its up under the BlackberryHelp tab up top.

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101-how-lecture-series
    10-07-09 03:48 PM
    Here you go. Its up under the BlackberryHelp tab up top.

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101-how-lecture-series
    OK not an official Blackbery guide...got you. It certainly is confusing, but the 8830's internal drive does not show up....only the media card shows up and only when mass storage mode is enabled (options>media card).
    10-07-09 04:09 PM

Please help me!!
    I was in the same boat. My media card would not show up so I couldn't sync music on my Storm. After a long time of researching I found the solution in an old crackberry thread and different forums. Download a file called bb activation new.rar on a windows pc
    After you download it unzip and double click the .exe first then click the bb activation new.bat file. When it asks you to press enter or any key and wait for your phone to reboot. Disconnect and go back to a mac and everything should be good. It worked for me.

Was going to post the link for it but I don't know if that allowed. This is my first time actually posting something on Crackberry. I had to register since I saw a lot of people had the same problem I did. Found the file by doing a Google search.
    10-07-09 09:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD