On my 8900 with the Desktop Manager syncs all contacts nice with caller pictures. But these pictures are in very low resolution.

I think the resolution in address book (screenshot) is native, while receiving a call the caller picture is stretched and looks blurred. The Mac address book picture is high resoluted. Does somebody know how to fix it?

Thanks a lot.

Last edited by kingofdirt; 10-20-09 at 07:24 AM.
    10-13-09 04:47 AM
    DM for Mac 1.0.1 does not fix the problem.
    10-20-09 05:10 AM
    having the same problem here...
    10-20-09 08:32 AM
    I also am having the problem on Pearl 8120. It's really irritating (though generally inconsequential).
    I reset iSync and also wiped my contacts from my BB and tried a resync. Didn't make a difference.

I have noticed that in Address Book, if you edit the picture the full resolution picture tends to be there and just opening the edit window and saving fixes the resolution issue in Address Book - but not for all contacts. Some have been permanently converted to low res images instead of just the view option being low res. Haven't been able to pin down what the similarity is between the ones that set the Address Book resolution low and which ones just display a low resolution.

I had at first thought it may be related to the BB Messenger 5 update but haven't been able to confirm it since I haven't found a convenient way to downgrade without having to do a full OS wipe and restore.
    10-21-09 10:09 PM
    I have the same situation with pictures synced from address book mac program. now, If you add the picture to a contact on the Blackberry itself, then sync it to your mac everything works fine. Not a fix, but at least the picture is not blurry.
    10-22-09 06:29 PM
    Has anybody else found an issue or work around. davillan's information is interesting but with a couple hundred contacts it's not convenient to do all the picture adding on my BB.

Plus I'm not sure what will happen on successive syncs.
    11-05-09 04:03 PM