Hi everybody,

1. DM on Mac - - is there any way to sync 1 way.
    There are 2 options - 2 way or no sync.
    How do you set it up to sync 1 way - from Mac to berry?

2. Is there any app that can index my entire berry (or at least the contacts - notes - emails - tasks) and give me search capabilty as that in iphone. With our file sizes going up from megabytes to gigabytes to terabytes, wonder how can blackberry not take search more seriously..
    10-20-09 10:47 AM
    Hi everybody,

1. DM on Mac - - is there any way to sync 1 way.
    There are 2 options - 2 way or no sync.
    How do you set it up to sync 1 way - from Mac to berry?
    Use two way...when you hit sync you will be asked if you want to merge or replace data on device. If you click on replace data...you get a one-way sync, mac to device.

2. Is there any app that can index my entire berry (or at least the contacts - notes - emails - tasks) and give me search capabilty as that in iphone. With our file sizes going up from megabytes to gigabytes to terabytes, wonder how can blackberry not take search more seriously..
    Not sure I understand completely, there is a search app on your device. It is capable of searching messages, calendar, Address Book, BBM, Tasks....with name or text.
    10-20-09 10:54 AM
    Thx for the reply....
    1. When i clicked on 2 way, it started sync but it never gave me the option to replace or merge..

2. Search - yes, i'm aware of that but its slow especially on 8900 (maybe its the slow processor - Bold was faster). But when compared to the iphone .... i think there's a huge room for improvement. And being a business device primarily, its quite bugging if u need to wait for 1 or 2 minutes for search results to come up.

Any paid app to help index your database and search faster?
    10-20-09 10:59 AM
    In so far as DM for Mac is concerned... Select the two way synch for contacts, for example, then look down toward the bottom of the DM window, you will see ">advanced options" or something similar, click that, it will expand more options, there is a check box for "overwrite device" that is your "one way synch", however in calendar the displayed UI looks slightly different, but once you know what you're looking for, you should be okay... Moreover, the DM should not automatically sync your device, you should have to click the sync button, so make sure you have all of your settings the way you want them so that you get the results you want...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-09 02:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD