Okay so my question is, when they release the DM for Mac will i be able to just jump on itunes with my blackberry plugged in will it pop up like a ipod or iphone would??? BUt id be using a Windows vista
    07-20-09 04:34 PM
    I'm not clear what you're asking. You're asking about DM for Mac... but then say you'll be using Windows Vista?

I don't think having DM for Mac will magically enable native iTunes support for BlackBerry; that's something that is controlled by Apple, and if their recent actions surrounding the Palm Pre's out-of-box syncing with iTunes is any indication (for those who aren't aware, Apple cranked out an iTunes update in a hurry that now prevents the Pre from being synced directly with iTunes), Apple has no plans to enable out-of-box iTunes syncing for its competitors' devices.
    07-20-09 04:38 PM
    Why do you need to use the mac version of the dm if you are using a pc??
    Please clarify.

Thanks
    07-20-09 04:38 PM
    sorry guys i ment like itunes supporting blackberry
    07-20-09 04:44 PM
    It will be a stand alone app running on the mac that will pull you iTunes iCal and adresse book. You will also be able to back up your data. It just DM on mac. Screen shots on BlackBerry - BlackBerry for Mac
    07-20-09 05:38 PM
    sorry guys i ment like itunes supporting blackberry
    Ah, right. As I mentioned in my initial reply, that most likely won't happen. Desktop Manager doesn't interact at all with iTunes. What devices iTunes supports is just about completely 100% in Apple's hands, so barring RIM finding some loophole in the code for how iTunes recognizes devices, I highly doubt that Apple will have a moment of kindness and release a version of iTunes that recognizes any RIM product as a supported product for direct syncing from iTunes.
    07-20-09 06:18 PM
    Ah, right. As I mentioned in my initial reply, that most likely won't happen. Desktop Manager doesn't interact at all with iTunes. What devices iTunes supports is just about completely 100% in Apple's hands, so barring RIM finding some loophole in the code for how iTunes recognizes devices, I highly doubt that Apple will have a moment of kindness and release a version of iTunes that recognizes any RIM product as a supported product for direct syncing from iTunes.
    How is that possible? If you are going to be able to sync your iTunes would that be interacting? You can sync with DM for PC so what exactly are you saying.
    07-20-09 08:20 PM
    How is that possible? If you are going to be able to sync your iTunes would that be interacting? You can sync with DM for PC so what exactly are you saying.
    As in meaning only the music files are pulled from it?
    07-20-09 09:46 PM
    In the post featured on the main page, they do include this in the list of features, so it is a bit confusing...

Sync your iTunes playlists, calendars, contacts, notes and tasks
    07-20-09 10:13 PM
    The screen shots I have been it shows that you can sync your bb to itunes. But only playlist so its not your an ipod.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-09 10:15 PM
    It will sync itunes just like pocket Mac but will add all the other features of DM.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-09 10:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD