I am running 5.0.0.238 hybrid on my Storm. So far so good. Using MeterEye for bat pulls. I loaded DM for Mac 3x rebooted yadida....
    Mac doesn't recognize Storm. In fact Nothing happens at ALL
    10-03-09 09:21 AM
    I am running 5.0.0.238 hybrid on my Storm. So far so good. Using MeterEye for bat pulls. I loaded DM for Mac 3x rebooted yadida....
    Mac doesn't recognize Storm. In fact Nothing happens at ALL
    Works fine for me. Options/Memory/Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected = yes.

Try that.
    10-03-09 09:23 AM
    I am already set that way! Still NG!
    10-03-09 09:41 AM
    My Storm is recognized just fine but not my memory card.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-09 10:17 AM
    Have you tried rebooting the Mac? In preferences check off Automatic launch as well. Don't know if that will help or not.

Can you even see the Storm on your Desktop?
    10-03-09 10:18 AM
    Try downgrading to a normal OS.
    10-03-09 10:50 AM
    My Storm is recognized just fine but not my memory card.

I was updating my music both with DM and dragging and dropping into the music folder yesterday, so I know it sees my card.

Strange how it's not working for some and working for others. Well, I guess it isn't strange, this type of stuff happens frequently doesn't it?
    10-03-09 11:00 AM
    This is an issue with the OS on the Storm, not DM for Mac.

10-03-09 11:55 AM
    i figured it was a STORM issue not a MAC problem. Soooo, how do you fix it!! I hate having to use a Vista computer
    10-03-09 12:55 PM
    i figured it was a STORM issue not a MAC problem. Soooo, how do you fix it!! I hate having to use a Vista computer
    Since Civic says it is the OS you're using you would need to change your OS.
    10-03-09 01:30 PM
    No I am running .230 and it finally started to run fine. I went to forget device then started over. It worked flawlessly since then.

I'm kind of pissed that my address book syncs properly but the contact pictures are to small and to grainy to be useful. Aside from that worked fine... FOR NOW!
    10-03-09 03:00 PM
    It's a known intermittant issue with 5.0.0.230... downgrade if you can't deal with it.
    10-03-09 04:44 PM
    Works fine for me. Options/Memory/Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected = yes.

Try that.
    Yeah thats how it needs to be with .230, we where talking about that a while back. I never had that enabled until .230. I had a problem with it during the Apploader process.
    10-03-09 04:47 PM
    how come my mac can see my memory card but "dm for mac" can't?

i'm running .230
    10-03-09 05:23 PM
    hi all...I have the storm and have loaded the .230 software..the RIM software DOES recognize my storm and also my memory card..I said NO, ON STORM NOT COMPUTER.. the option under Memory in Options that says "auto enable mass storage mode when connected"..set that to no and then save..the computer will now not only see the storm and the memory card but also load the memory card and bberry internal memory as discs..by the way I have 10.5 software..not 10.6 ( snow leopard)
    10-03-09 06:25 PM
    The new update still doesn't recognize my media card. I REFUSE to format it and have to back up all my data just to put it back on again. Any solutions? Snow Leopard latest update w/ a brand new MacBook Pro here! Ugh.

/Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected = yes.

Tried turning MTP off, then on. Did the same for Mass Storage (I read somewhere that even if this was ON by default (which it is on my phone), that one needs to unplug the BB from the phone, turn that option off, then plug it back in, then turn it back ON, then unplug and plug the Storm back in). Didn't work for me!
    10-19-09 03:30 PM
    Has anyone figured a way to put a new OS on their storm via a mac? I don't have access to a PC
    10-19-09 03:59 PM
    Has anyone figured a way to put a new OS on their storm via a mac? I don't have access to a PC

YES, search the forums, and there was a post on either engadget or crackberry with a link to a youtube video where this guy will walk you through. I didn't look through the end of the video, but for starters, you first have to download an official OS, then you essentially go into a folder and replace the java files? Search youtube at least...
    10-19-09 04:10 PM
    hi all...I have the storm and have loaded the .230 software..the RIM software DOES recognize my storm and also my memory card..I said NO, ON STORM NOT COMPUTER.. the option under Memory in Options that says "auto enable mass storage mode when connected"..set that to no and then save..the computer will now not only see the storm and the memory card but also load the memory card and bberry internal memory as discs..by the way I have 10.5 software..not 10.6 ( snow leopard)
    Ditto except for Snow Leopard. I am running 10.6 with zero issues.
    10-19-09 04:53 PM
    YES, search the forums, and there was a post on either engadget or crackberry with a link to a youtube video where this guy will walk you through. I didn't look through the end of the video, but for starters, you first have to download an official OS, then you essentially go into a folder and replace the java files? Search youtube at least...
    I was referring to an un-official OS (ex: .230)

I am up to date as of now with official VZW released OS's

Sorry for not being clear
    10-19-09 04:56 PM
    The new update still doesn't recognize my media card. I REFUSE to format it and have to back up all my data just to put it back on again. Any solutions? Snow Leopard latest update w/ a brand new MacBook Pro here! Ugh.

/Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected = yes.

Tried turning MTP off, then on. Did the same for Mass Storage (I read somewhere that even if this was ON by default (which it is on my phone), that one needs to unplug the BB from the phone, turn that option off, then plug it back in, then turn it back ON, then unplug and plug the Storm back in). Didn't work for me!

You can use Apple Disk Utility to correct your media errors. Then they should mount as Blackberry1 (and Blackberry2 on a storm) ... At least they did for me on my storm.
    10-19-09 05:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD