06-11-10 01:46 PM
36 12
tools
    I "double dare" ten (10) "beta testers" with tasks / events / notes / contacts to try the latest official public release of Mac desktop manager for 48 hours, and then report back to this forum. Step right up . . .
    05-19-10 11:45 AM
    You first.
    05-20-10 03:26 AM
    Okay, I'll accept the challenge and be one of the first of the ten (10) beta testers to try out the official "non-beta" public release dated May 17, 2010. I will assume it is a beta with problems and I'll protect my system accordingly -- i.e., I have a disk with 10.5.8 that I can restore in about 7 minutes with SuperDuper if something goes bad, and I'll back up my data every which way from Sunday. However, I have a feeling it may be a rough ride -- so I'll need to make sure all my work gets done first -- depending upon how it goes, I might not be able to make a status report on the newest version until sometime this weekend.
    05-20-10 11:28 AM
    Have a look at the known issues in the release notes from RIM:
    http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartp...1-1.0.3-US.pdf

Makes me want to steer well clear of this app!

FWIW for cloning a hard drive I prefer CCC over SuperDuper:
    Carbon Copy Cloner - Home

-- Robert.
    05-21-10 05:51 AM
    Did anyone ever get this working well? I'm using the older version of DM. It generally gets the job done, though it always duplicates all of my contacts on my Blackberry in the process.
    05-24-10 04:18 PM
    I have played with it on 10.6.3, but not enough to make a report to this forum. Since the prior release caused such havoc, I am traumatized and afraid to go out on a limb and say it works. My testing was limited to using the BlackBerry as the master databases, and deleting the databases on the Mac, and essentially syncing one way for the initial sync, and then two-ways from then on. I have events going to the "home" calendar in iCal, and the tasks going to the "work" calendar. I have not yet experienced duplicate entries of phone numbers and anniversaries, as I did with the prior build (16). However, I need to do more testing.

It is possible that a complete set of duplicate contacts (i.e., not just one or more, but ALL), as experienced by jwarnoc, might be the result of not selecting "merge data" on the initial sync after installing the new version.
    Last edited by lawlist; 05-24-10 at 04:34 PM.
    05-24-10 04:31 PM
    I took the plunge and I now have two of my three Macs running the latest version (build 19) 1.0.3. I wanted to delete an application using Desktop Manager (build 16) and I received a Desktop Manager message stating that I needed to upgrade in order to do this operation (running OSX 10.6.3). The operation completed successfully. I am not yet ready to give a thumb or two thumbs up, but I haven't seen anything terrible happen yet.
    05-24-10 10:05 PM
    Has anyone tried to install an app with this latest build? Everytime I do, it takes like 15-20 minutes before I just cancel and eject. I don't know if it's because I'm using the cable that came with the 9550 (maybe not 2.0 usb) or what, but I haven't been able to install an app via desktop since... windows.
    06-01-10 02:02 PM
    Yes. I tried to clear something called RMS databases, and had to force quit the DM application on the Mac. After rebooting the device and the Mac, the second attempt succeeded.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-10 05:06 PM
    Anyone else having issues with syncing music? I just switched over to mac from xp...everything was fine on xp. When I sync via dm 1.03 b19, only mp3's will play on my bold 9700. m4a files show up with no meta data & the phone says they are unsupported. Strange, they were supported 5 min earlier when dm for xp synced them into the memory card.

Any ideas?
    06-07-10 10:55 PM
    Has anyone run DM 1.0.3 (b19) on an Mac with OS 10.5.8? Any issues? I am nervous about doing the BB DM upgrade, since I have had many sync issues in the past.
    06-11-10 01:46 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD