06-11-10 01:46 PM
36 12
tools
    04-19-10 05:51 PM
    Tried it. Still crashes everytime I close it, don't know how to fix it. I think the issue started with 1.0.2
    04-19-10 06:41 PM
    I've installed.
    Trying to sync.
    I only ever use "one way" and let DM replace the device data.

We'll see.
    04-19-10 07:15 PM
    I find it sad that I have on old Windows laptop that I patch and tape to keep alive for the sole purpose of being able to use the windows version of the desktop software on. Why cant RIM make an acceptable copy of the program for Mac's
    04-19-10 07:36 PM
    I find it sad that I have on old Windows laptop that I patch and tape to keep alive for the sole purpose of being able to use the windows version of the desktop software on. Why cant RIM make an acceptable copy of the program for Mac's
    I'm doing the same. I don't want to load Windows on my mac. But I may have to soon, the old laptop is on it's last leg.
    04-19-10 07:40 PM
    Same sync problem that started with Snow Leopard 10.6.3 - not fixed!
    04-19-10 08:51 PM
    When I launch DM, it can't/doesn't/won't see the address book on my Mac running 10.6.3.

No go on the contacts. Anyone ever run across this problem where DM doesn't see contacts on the Mac???
    04-19-10 09:05 PM
    I just discovered that my calendar sync problem is limited to the setting "Sync only future events". If I select All Events instead, it syncs calendars with no errors.
    04-19-10 09:18 PM
    Interesting, I did picked "remind me later" for new version upgrade, and yet on DM version 1.0.28 when I clicked on applications while my blackberry is connected to DM...

A pop up "A newer version of Blackberry Desktop Manager is required to update the software on your device. Please download an updated version and retry"...

It like they are forcing me to upgrade to new version immediately as I rather wait for a while since I had no problems with DM version 1.0.28.
    04-20-10 10:33 AM
    I had no problems before the upgrade. Now I have a blank ical and won't sync my address book

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-10 08:43 PM
    The update fixed my sync problems - I just sync'd my calendar, contacts and tasks.
    04-21-10 01:14 AM
    My first sync with 1.0.3 deleted all calender events from my iCal. The events are still on my 8900 Curve, but won't sync back over. I'm in crisis mode over here. Any ideas?
    04-21-10 08:38 AM
    My first sync with 1.0.3 deleted all calender events from my iCal. The events are still on my 8900 Curve, but won't sync back over. I'm in crisis mode over here. Any ideas?
    same thing happened to me an no one has an idea of what to do other than to MANUALLY put everything back in... Idk about anyone else, but that would take hours for me.

Someone, anyone, please help haha!
    04-21-10 11:29 AM
    Sorry I can't help as of yet, I think I have an old version of the DTM for Mac and will be trying to install it again at some point and see what happens. But one thing I can tell you to do besides the obvious backups is go to iSync on your Mac, open Prefrences, and click the box for "Show Data Change Alert" because if DTM decides it needs to delete all your info, as mine just did when I tried to sync the first time with 1.0.3, your Mac will warn you and you can cancel it.

I will take some notes as I downgrade this weekend and post back my findings. I'm running full Bootcamp on both my Macs, works ok. Hated to do it, but I need certain things for work that will never be Mac.

Off to upgrade the OS, good luck to you all.
    04-23-10 09:13 PM
    I just upgraded to the new DM for MAC and when connecting a pop up tells me that it cannot connect to the update servers....
    I agree with a previous thread.... why cant they develop a working program for MAC ?
    RIM.... please hire some Apple peeps and get into the new century. Not only do you have boring and stuffy OS on your devices..... you refuse to take care of your growing MAC user population. Are you trying to force us all to the iPhone or Driod.... who are blowing you out of the water
    04-25-10 09:23 AM
    So tonight I deleted the newest version from my system, installed 1.0.2 from an old DL. It asked to upgrade to 1.0.2.8 when I was finished installing and opened it, which I declined. I am currently on 1.0.2 build 8, just performed a sync and it went fine. I only sync calendar at present so I can't speak to anything else. There were a few things it decided were different, and I went thru the details but it was mostly stupid things like timed events vs un-timed (how two events that run the same time are different is beyond me at this point).

You can also find the older version of the program at versiontracker. Just search for BB Mac desktop, should pop right up.
    ***Found out Versiontrack just links you to RIM site for newest version. If I find another place to DL, I will post back***

Also someone can correct me if I am wrong, but in the calendar window of the program, there is a sync selection for "All Calendars" or "Selected". Then under the window of selections, there is another option "Add events created on BB to" and a list of your calendars. I believe this means the program is not ACTUALLY syncing multiple calendars on the device at all. Why if you are syncing multiple calendars would it need to know where to add new events to? It should just add them to the proper calendar. If I am correct, this software is a joke.

I have never for the life of me (and not being a computer programmer) been able to figure why different calendars wouldn't have some type of signature. They should obviously because both your Mac/PC and BB can keep track of different events in different calendars. Why is it so hard to have two devices talk to each other and keep that data straight? Anyone? Bueller?
    Last edited by JerseyDriver; 04-25-10 at 09:21 PM.
    04-25-10 08:33 PM
    Did not work for me. I go to version tracker and get directed to RIM who only ships the latest junk ware version. RIM will probably take a year to fix the bugs so I have a problem.
    04-25-10 09:12 PM
    Sync works fine now... still ejects my phone if i let it idle though. I didn't see another thread for that issue, this happening to anyone else? It's kind of annoying not to be able to charge my phone with it.
    04-26-10 12:42 AM
    This fix did not work for me. Great...
    04-26-10 06:42 PM
    The only fix I've found is to return to v1.0:

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
    05-13-10 12:00 PM
    RIM pulled 1.0.3 (build 16) from the shelf shortly after its release due to major problems (as can be seen on the official RIM forums for DM for Mac). The official website reflects that 1.0.2 is the only version presently available, which has a "Published Date: 04/19/2010". If you have 1.0.3, uninstall it and downgrade to 1.0.2 until RIM gets their act together.
    Last edited by lawlist; 05-20-10 at 11:30 AM.
    05-13-10 12:12 PM
    It looks like RIM's put 1.0.3 on the shelf again. I'm willing to give it a try once I've seen a few people have had success with it. Anyone?
    05-17-10 09:16 PM
    I'm trying to figure out who they have beta their crap on a Mac.
    It has never worked for me.
    05-18-10 02:22 PM
    Are there any guinea pigs out there who have tried the May 17, 2010 release with contacts, events and tasks to multiple calendars on the Mac? I would like to wait and see also, and would like to see several thumbs up before pulling my hair out again -- I need to keep what little there is of my receding hairline.
    05-18-10 09:43 PM
    Are there any guinea pigs out there who have tried the May 17, 2010 release with contacts, events and tasks to multiple calendars on the Mac? I would like to wait and see also, and would like to see several thumbs up before pulling my hair out again -- I need to keep what little there is of my receding hairline.
    Wait and see for me....last time I "upgraded" it took me about an hour to get everything working properly again, now that everything is stable I'm not downloading any new versions unless they're confirmed as working.
    05-19-10 12:52 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD