Since the DM for mac lacks this function, how do we manage a switch between phones? Do we still have to turn to windows? And what about our 3rd party apps?
    10-10-09 07:01 AM
    I have the same questions and have not had them answered.
    10-10-09 09:26 AM
    i went from my tour that had track ball problems to a new one and what i did was back it up and then when i plugged in my new tour i just selected my last back up and hit restore, didn't trasfer 3rd party apps but transferred everyhting else...
    10-10-09 07:21 PM
    Even your BBM contacts?
    10-10-09 07:47 PM
    I did the same thing. And yes. It did restore my BBM Contacts. But like previously reported, no third party apps.
    10-12-09 02:50 PM
    So right now theres no way to back-up our 3rd party apps?
    10-13-09 12:39 PM
    Thanks for all the responses. I guess for now we have just the back up and restore function. It's such a pain though, having to transfer 3rd party apps one by one.
    DMFM powers that be- device switch wizard please!
    10-13-09 01:35 PM
    Yea, if you do the restore function it seems to swap the pins and such for you
    10-13-09 03:31 PM
    What about email? Does it also takes all the emailaddresses to the new device?
    05-04-10 03:43 PM
    Hey costumed, I haven't switched phones yet, but I would think that Mac DM would sync up the new BB with your Outlook contacts, that's what I would hope...
    05-25-10 12:47 PM
    And hey, how DO you sync up the third party software? -

Do you do it thru Mac DM also? I know theres an "applications" icon on the upper right hand corner of the MacDM screen, and it spits out a list of apps, but is that list being generated from a backup file on my computer somehow OR is that just Mac DM reading the apps it sees on whatever phone I happen to have plugged into the USB cable?
    05-25-10 12:56 PM
    What are the chances of a family member or a friend having a PC? With my previous BB filled with Apps just didn't fancy transferring them individually so swallowed my pride and took control of my partners PC for a while - hope she doesn't think she can start touching my MAC now.
    05-30-10 12:14 AM
    What are the chances of a family member or a friend having a PC? With my previous BB filled with Apps just didn't fancy transferring them individually so swallowed my pride and took control of my partners PC for a while - hope she doesn't think she can start touching my MAC now.
    That is too funny .... I have old and new BB 8330 .... any way now August 2010 to fix that
    08-03-10 08:40 AM
    I went to PC with BBDT v6.0 and all was fine until it set the 9800/Torch as the active device. Multiple machines, complete uninstall per RIM tech bulletin instructions, and still unexplained abend evry time it looked at the Torch.

9700 Bold works fine.

Had to do backup of 9700 and selective restore to 9800 on Mac side. 3rd party apps left behind for now...
    08-15-10 09:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD