I just updated to DM1.03. When I sync I get a message "A Sync Error occurred. Please re try the sync. I click ok, it finshes , and says Sync Complete. I have lost my Calender (iCal). New entries on my BB sync onto iCal, but no old ones. I've not tried the reverse for fear of loosing everything on my BB. Any suggestions??

Stu
    04-20-10 06:40 AM
    since new version of snow leopard mine has worked fine. till today! I downloaded the new version of desktop manager and since I also get the sync error! Plus it did the same to me and wiped my ical! I also use my calender for my work schedule and other appointments. It did keep the calender on my phone like u guys. thank god! dammit blackberry! u go and update something that already works and now it's all screwed up!
    04-21-10 11:51 PM
    Yup...same here...I had set my dates 465 days in the past to 90 days in the future to sync...and everything between the two is wiped out...except for 4 new dates created yesterday...argh...why do i have a weird feeling that is irreversible now....last backup I did was a month ago...guessing I should restore? BUt how to keep it from doing it again...
    04-22-10 10:21 AM
    UST FOUND THIS ON ANOTHER SITE...and it worked...of course, I had colored calendars and of course BB doesn't recognize that...but I have my data again!

If you are having problems syncing your BB with ical THERE IS A FIX!! I had this problem and it was driving me crazy!

It's an old fix for the same problem from a previous upgrade, but it worked like a charm! On your Mac...

Navigate to <User>/Library/Application Support/
    Delete the BlackBerryDesktop folder.
    Empty the Trash Bin.
    Restart BlackBerry Desktop Manager.

when you restart your desktop manager and go to sync your information make sure you MERGE data since your ical has been cleared out! OTHERWISE YOU WILL LOSE EVEYTHING FROM YOUR BB!
    04-22-10 11:00 AM
    I just did that now when I connect my BB via USB nothing happnes
    04-23-10 09:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD