Ok, I apparently have a corrupted data system in my blackberry and I am having to do a backup/restore of my blackberry using Desktop Manager, how do I get Desktop Manager downloaded onto my MAC? I am so confused, I don't have a clue where to start......
    07-05-09 07:45 PM
    Fellow Mac User... The disc's that came with your Blackberry will NOT work on our computers. Unless you download a program that allows windows to run on a Mac. I can't remember the name of it but I know its possible.. If I can locate the program Ill let you know.. I'm sure one of our friends on here might know it...

Zero

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-09 09:22 PM
    As stated you need to run windows. You have to have a valid license for XP or Vista and also have either Parallels, VMWare Fusion, or if you are running Leopard you can use Boot Camp. Install windows, Install BB Desktop Manager, then restore to your heart's content. Boot Camp is the "Best Way" Personally I have had mixed results with both parallels and vmware. many say that vmware is more reliable in these situations.
    07-05-09 09:44 PM
    VMware Fusion works great for DM. Boot camp also works. But there are still issues with VirtualBox so dont use that.
    07-06-09 02:05 PM
    Just go to ur friends house and back it up. You don't have any other choice since RIM doesn't officially support Mac by itself but licenced their product to a company, clearly not capable of providing necessary services.

If not, apparently a Mac version of DM is under process but who knows when it's coming out? May be with OS3 release?
    07-06-09 11:41 PM
    VMware Fusion will work perfectly.

I think everyone knows how to use torrents or rapidshare So you are good to go.
    07-06-09 11:43 PM
    I highly recommend VM Ware and nowadays you can obtain a disc image of XP to load. Its so stable that I use it to remote into work when I work from home. Very reliable. Plus if it becomes corrupt then destroy it and create a new Windows VM in 30 minutes.
    07-08-09 12:05 PM
    I highly recommend VM Ware and nowadays you can obtain a disc image of XP to load. Its so stable that I use it to remote into work when I work from home. Very reliable. Plus if it becomes corrupt then destroy it and create a new Windows VM in 30 minutes.
    I agree.. at some point or another i've tried vmware, parallels, and bootcamp.. vmware is the only one i found to be reliable. I keep it for situations like this where there is no avail mac software to accomplish something, but havent opened it in ages.... regardless... it is the most reliable and has the least amount of performance loss when running both OS's simultaneously. good luck
    08-07-09 05:16 AM
    I agree.. at some point or another i've tried vmware, parallels, and bootcamp.. vmware is the only one i found to be reliable. I keep it for situations like this where there is no avail mac software to accomplish something, but havent opened it in ages.... regardless... it is the most reliable and has the least amount of performance loss when running both OS's simultaneously. good luck
    I have VM installed on my MAC and everytime I try to load an OS on my 8900 it will back up my data and all that mess but when it goes to install a new OS it gives me a crazy error message. Any idea why?

The error I keep getting is Unspecified error encountered [A:0x00000001]

Last edited by jekko1; 08-08-09 at 07:57 PM.
    08-08-09 05:25 PM
    virtual box is the BEST and its FREE. I'm trying to get my xp to use the desktop manager but i'm having connection problems, when will DM for mac be available?
    08-11-09 11:50 PM
    virtual box is the BEST and its FREE. I'm trying to get my xp to use the desktop manager but i'm having connection problems, when will DM for mac be available?
    The rumour is September.

As for your connection issues, have you at any time ever installed Missing Sync? If so, it's hijacked the USB ports and you need to disable anything to do with Missing Sync in Activity Monitor.

Just open Activity Monitor and search for Missing. You should get 3 running processes. Quit/Force Quit them all. You should then be able to connect in Windows.

Also, be sure that your USB ports are activated in VirtualBox. Dunno how to do that in VB, as I use VMwareFusion. Couldn't get VB to work at all here.
    08-12-09 05:51 AM
    Its not just rumor. Its fact. Search the site and you will find the RIM announcement and a link for you to sign up for notification.

08-12-09 09:03 AM
    Until I have it installed and running on my Macs, it's "rumour" to me

I'm signed up for notification, just waiting a tad IMpatiently!
    08-12-09 09:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD