Hello! I am a newbie BlackBerry user, and up until recently have been dual-booting on my Mac so that I can actually use the Desktop Manager for my BBerry. My BBerry has always had some sort of software issue, and finally bit the dust yesterday, so my new one will arrive hopefully by the end of the week. But I wanted to ask about the Desktop Manager for the Mac OS and if anyone has had any success with it? I have a BBerry Pearl Flip, 8220. Does this program work the same as the Desktop Manager for Windows XP? I have always had a hard time updating software etc on my BBerry so any tips on how to do that would be fantastic! (Serious newbie over here, ha ha.)

Thanks everyone!
    10-12-09 12:01 PM
    Welcome to the site. About DMFM, there have been successes and problems. If you have never put sync software on your mac, that is a plus. If your new BB is "fresh" that is a plus. It seems most folks problems are on devices/macs that they have used before to sync in some fashion and there appears to be latent problems with various versions of software that can create conflicts. Most of the suggestions for fixing a syncing problem have to do with "clearing" the device , resetting the Mac or other third party software. There are a bunch of threads on DMFM, so why don't you read through them for ideas, pros/cons.
    10-12-09 12:25 PM
    Thanks Statman! I have been browsing my way through the rest of the forums. The only thing I ever use my DM for is software updates; I don't have a data package on my phone and I don't keep my contacts on my computer or use iCal, so hopefully I won't run into any of those problems!
    10-12-09 02:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD