I just installed Hybrid by Lyricidal for my 8330 through my MAC Blackberry Desktop Manager....all I had to do was copy the files to the .169 install directory and then click reload current OS and tada!
    09-11-09 06:14 AM
    copy all the .cod files to Library>application support>blackberry desktop>device application> in this there are 2 folders 55***** which is your current os, place the Hybrid .cod files in this click replace current files.

Also there is a folder called local which has your 3rd party apps in it.
    09-11-09 06:18 AM
    cool beans! This is excellent news. Good find!
    09-11-09 07:54 AM
    this is, indeed, great news!
    09-11-09 10:33 AM
    Awesome! Can't wait to try!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-09 11:58 AM
    Dont have these (device application> in this there are 2 folders 55***** which is your current os, place the Hybrid .cod files in this click replace current files.
    Also there is a folder called local which has your 3rd party apps in it.)

Do you have to run an OS install first, for these to be downloaded to the folder? I have only done backups and sync.
    09-11-09 02:21 PM
    Very interesting and great find ! A huge step in the right direction for loading BETA OS's on a MAC

Bodisaffa

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-09 04:38 PM
    Dont have these

Do you have to run an OS install first, for these to be downloaded to the folder? I have only done backups and sync.
    Me neither...I just downloaded the hybrid and created a folder in the location suggested by the OP. I haven't tried it yet though....

OK I tried to load...hit the + button and located the folder where the OP suggested and...no go?
    Last edited by Statman; 09-11-09 at 04:47 PM.
    09-11-09 04:39 PM
    I installed .169 first, this could be why the 55***** folder was there.
    09-12-09 08:40 AM
    copy all the .cod files to Library>application support>blackberry desktop>device application> in this there are 2 folders 55***** which is your current os, place the Hybrid .cod files in this click replace current files.

Also there is a folder called local which has your 3rd party apps in it.
    This may be a really stupid question (I'm def a noob to bb), but how do I download a hybrid without it being an .exe file? I've been trying to get irtehun's tour hybrid so I can load with mac dm - and I definitely see the folders where I would replace the .cod files - I just can't find anything other than the .exe file.

thanks in advance for any insight you can provide.
    09-18-09 10:22 PM
    i did not have the folders.

now i do.

how i did it... in the mac desktop manager reload your OS. it will make the folders for you.
    09-19-09 12:46 AM
    Where do I put the radio file?
    01-08-10 09:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD