Hey guys, i know that this has been discussed a million times before but i didn't see a thread.
    WHEN will there be a DM for mac, this pocketmac sucks! i own a mac mini and i would love more than anything for there to be the exact 4.6 desktop manager for mac, if not a newer version.
    i HATE having to use a friends computer to upgrade OS's and whatnot.
    06-23-09 01:05 AM
    i wish the same thing my friend. Pocketmac has given me a lot of trouble on a brand new mac. I am thinking about returning it just for this reason.
    06-23-09 01:23 AM
    I wish there was a desktop manager for mac as well. I have to manage my bold on my windows vista desktop (hate vista,) would love to have the real desktop manager on my macbook and I don't feel like using pocketmac or the other blackberry manager for mac that costs money. I'm stuck on windows for now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-09 02:20 AM
    Fortunately, I have a PC at work. If I haven't had one available and only have a Mac at home (3 Macs at home), I would never consider getting a Blackberry.

RIM must come up with a solution especially when Mac users are known to be high wage techies who want the best. If RIM is pretending to provide the best mobile solution out there, then they should face iPhone and embrace Mac users.
    06-23-09 03:41 AM
    Yeah, there isn't a desktop manager for Mac. I own a macbook, and I've tried pocket mac, and yes it sucks. With that said, I was searching for an alternative, and I found 'missing sync.' Here's the link: The Missing Sync for Mobile Smartphones to Mac OS X and Windows
    It doesn't have ALL the features that desktop manager has, but it does get some of the tasks done. Try it out for yourself, and see if it works for you.
    06-23-09 04:30 AM
    missing sync is ok for syncing things (funny that), but to upgrade OS's you have to use windows, either virtualised (vmware fusion or parallels desktop) or native (bootcamp). unfortunately after so many years RIM hasn't found it necessary to make a DM for us Mac users.
    06-23-09 05:49 AM
    missing sync is ok for syncing things (funny that), but to upgrade OS's you have to use windows, either virtualised (vmware fusion or parallels desktop) or native (bootcamp). unfortunately after so many years RIM hasn't found it necessary to make a DM for us Mac users.
    When I first got my Bold I had the same trouble and even tried PocketMac---but that sucked royally. I used Boot Camp and loaded XP on my mac, then coupled with VMware Fusion...haven't looked back since.

For syncing contacts and calendar items between my device and my Mac I use google sync. To do OS updates &/or general BB maintenance I use fusion to access the windows desktop manager.
    06-23-09 07:07 AM
    yeah, like all i use the DM for is loading new OS's and uninstalling programs/apps. i just drag and drop music and such onto the memory card on my mac, its way easier and faster than the DM.
    06-23-09 07:42 AM
    What I do is run Windows 7 in Parallels for free. Found a serial for Parallels online and W7 is free, so I just run that. Its pretty much the same thing as Vista (but less of a resoucre hog) so DM works pretty much identically.

06-23-09 10:25 AM
    That's what I'm doing on my macbook but if I feel like it I also bootcamp into Vista on my macpro as well. Parallels works great. Just remember if you have missing sync installed you might have to stop all the missing sync processes or else the BB won't be recognised properly

06-24-09 06:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD