Hey guys!
    So I actually have been avoiding to find the similar application of desktop manager for the Mac. One reason being is that I dont wanna pay 50 bucks to get software that was supposed to come with my Blackberry...
    If you guys have any recommendations please let me know I am trying to download some cool new themes to my phone.
    08-01-08 10:58 PM
    Your only option is to run desktop manager via either parallels or by running bootcamp to partition the hard drive and install a native copy of windows on your mac. Because desktop manager is the only bb program that let's you install stuff on your bb. No you can download themes over the air and install them without desktop manager as well.

If you are just looking for a basic sync program pocketmac is your only free option.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-08 05:37 PM
    They only free application at the moment is the PocketMac SyncManager, which is a 3rd party application, that RIM even provides on their web site. It is free, but since it is not a native application built and designed by RIM, not all of the features work very well, ex. Application Install from Mac to Blackberry. If you are just looking to sync your Mac iCal and Addressbook, or MS Entourage PocketSync would work for you. Hope this helps!!!
    08-05-08 05:39 PM
    Your only option is to run desktop manager via either parallels or by running bootcamp to partition the hard drive and install a native copy of windows on your mac. Because desktop manager is the only bb program that let's you install stuff on your bb. No you can download themes over the air and install them without desktop manager as well.

If you are just looking for a basic sync program pocketmac is your only free option.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Right and wrong...

I highly recommend running Windows XP through a virtual machine (Parallels or Fusion)... and then running free Desktop Manager.

PocketMac (a Mac alternative) is also free, but you may get a couple of headaches using it! You can sync, load apps, etc... but you cannot backup, restore, or load a new OS!

The Mac alternatives for your Berry are really limited. So stick with Windows to take full advantage of your Berry!!

(and this is all coming from a lifetime Mac User )
    08-05-08 05:41 PM
    Well when he stated free, I just thought it was safe to assume that Parallels and VMWare Fusion was not an option, as they both cost money, so does WinXP if you do not already own a copy. So I tried to keep it nice and simple and not complicate it with Windows.

I myself use VMWare Fusion with WinXP and Desktop Manager 4.5 flawlessly. I ONLY use this to download and install apps. As for syncing addressbook entries and calendar, I stick with PocketMac, as I am already using the Mac apps provided. Well I use Entourage with my Yahoo mail, but thats bout it. Try not to use Windows if at all possible.
    08-05-08 06:03 PM
    PocketMac is about the only free thing out there for now!
    08-22-08 09:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD