hey everyone, i am somewhat new to the Blackberry world (my current storm is my first) and i have been using PocketMac, the blackberry software that you download from the Blackberry website. And i also noticed that i couldnt use desktop manager, is that a PC only application? because if it is, they definitely need to upgrade PocketMac to be able to do the same things (like load applications, which if it can do this i have not figured out how).

Similarly, if Desktop Manager is only for pc is there 3rd party software that i can download to replace desktop manager?
    02-02-09 03:28 PM
    Missing sync-$40
    02-03-09 06:41 AM
    Missing sync-$40
    I would wait until version 2 of Missing Sync is released. The current version simply doesn't work properly with many devices.
    02-03-09 07:21 AM
    I recommend Google Sync - its free and OTA. Add Spanning Sync ($12?) if you want to use ICal. It is the best solution 99% of the time.
    02-03-09 12:54 PM
    +1 on Google Sync, at least for Calendar (it doesn't handle things like loading apps and backups, obviously, so it isn't a real desktop manager). I have only been using it for about a week and so far it has been solid.

Now that Google supports full Caldav, you don't need Spanning Sync if you are running 10.5.2 (or maybe .3?). Just create a Google calendar, upload a copy of your current iCal calendar(s) to it, then download the free collaboration tool from Google. Run that tool and it takes care of the rest (except for downloading the sync app to your blackberry, of course).

Like all other Mac/Blackberry sync tools, it isn't without problems, but so far mine have been relatively minor with Google. For example, there have been times that I made a change to an appointment on my BB and on the next sync it reverted back to the original. But, the following sync fixed it, giving me back the changes I had made. I don't understand that, but it still kicks the crap out of other syncing solutions I have tried.
    02-03-09 01:25 PM
    I'm also using a storm and pocketmac. I've noticed alot of incorrect data, duplicate and wrong calendar entries and "merging" of contacts (I had two different contacts literally combined into one contact). Anyone every come across these issues? I'm ready to throw in the towel and get an iPhone despite the crappy reception. PLEASE HELP
    02-03-09 03:01 PM
    I'm also using a storm and pocketmac. I've noticed alot of incorrect data, duplicate and wrong calendar entries and "merging" of contacts (I had two different contacts literally combined into one contact). Anyone every come across these issues? I'm ready to throw in the towel and get an iPhone despite the crappy reception. PLEASE HELP
    Don't do that - give google sync a try it is pretty near perfect
    02-03-09 07:13 PM
    i really dont understand why the pocketmac software is so inferior to desktop manager. you would this RIM would have solved this by now, especially with Macs on the rise in the market share. I have also experienced a lot of problems with pocket mac, but it hasnt been too awful. The worst was when i moved time zones (from the southwest to New England) the times didnt transfer and all of my ical events were 2 hours ahead, that was very annoying.
    02-04-09 06:19 PM
    There is one problem with Google Sync: The Colaboration tool only works on OS 10.5..... I have 10.4, sorry!!! Ugh!!

Any suggestions for me? I have had problems syncing my contacts with PocketMac.
    02-05-09 12:00 AM
    I dont really have any problems with syncing calendars or contacts or anything, i would like something that can work like desktop manager and sync applications, can google sync do that?
    02-06-09 12:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD