Ok , I waited for the 'official' version but I download it and it freezes up everything .. including my MAC during the sync. Then I uninstall and try to use pocket mac to restore my calendar and that which has always worked FREEZES now too... any suggestions out there??
    10-03-09 08:07 AM
    Maybe you should delete pocket mac. I think I read somewhere else in this forum that somebody else had an issue until they deleted it.

I also had pocket mac and deleted it (before installing the DTM). No problems so far...
    10-03-09 08:26 AM
    tried that now too... still freezes while syncing the calendar
    10-03-09 09:14 AM
    DM freezes for me too when syncing my Entourage calendar. I have to "Force Quit". I don't have Pocket Mac installed. I'm unimpressed with this application so far.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-09 09:46 AM
    I had this problem, among others with DM. I uninstalled it and installed Missing Sync, which gave me a message that I had to reset my sync history in Mac's iSync. I did that, and the error messages stopped. Don't know if that will help. I'm going to stay with Missing Sync until I have some confidence that DM has the bugs worked out. My data is too valuable to gamble with. I'd rather pay for something that works, than something free that doesn't.
    10-03-09 09:54 AM
    I had problem syncing my calendar and contacts...I also have a mobileme account so what I did was open MobileMe sync preference, then uncheck the "synchronize with MobileMe" box. Only then was I able to sync calendar and contacts successfully with my iCal and Addressbook using the BB DM for Mac.
    10-03-09 10:08 AM
    well, i have to say that i must be the first one who had success syncing my calendar and contacts.

i paid $40 for missing sync and it never worked!!! every single time i tried to sync my bb, i would always get an error message for my calendar. for some reason, i could never sync my calendareverything worked fine but my calendar. it was frustrating because i tried to speak with tech support and nothing helped me. good thing i spent $40, right? ugh.

anyway, i was thrilled when dm for mac finally came out and downloaded it last night and synced my bb this morning. as far as i can tell, everything synced successfully. thank goodness, a sync app that actually...i don't know...syncs? yay.

my only question iswhich i believe is what makes dm unique from these other appsi know the huge advantage of having a dm for mac now is you can back up your apps, themes, etc. so when i clicked on the "applications" tab, it brought up everything on my bb, then do i click start? what does that do exactly? does it back it up to my computer like the dm for windows??? i only ask because my previous curve died on me about 5 months ago and i lost everything because dm wasn't out for mac yet, so i want to make sure to back this stuff up properly just in case.

thanks!
    10-03-09 10:30 AM
    well, i have to say that i must be the first one who had success syncing my calendar and contacts.

my only question is—which i believe is what makes dm unique from these other apps—i know the huge advantage of having a dm for mac now is you can back up your apps, themes, etc. so when i clicked on the "applications" tab, it brought up everything on my bb, then do i click start? what does that do exactly? does it back it up to my computer like the dm for windows??? i only ask because my previous curve died on me about 5 months ago and i lost everything because dm wasn't out for mac yet, so i want to make sure to back this stuff up properly just in case.

thanks!
    Actually you aren't the only one with success, but success depends on a number of things (like other software, OS, what you are trying to sync, etc)....as far as backing up, DM4Mac does a fine job of complete back-up of your device. I have done it 7 or 8 times and every time it completely restores the device.
    10-03-09 11:11 AM
    ok .. just so you know, I finally did get the calendar to sync BUT I had to MERGE which duplicated appointments and I had to click the choice that only does events 14 days prior and 90 days after .. otherwise it just hangs

Not very impressed with this at all
    10-05-09 12:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD