08-07-09 11:02 AM
45 12
tools
    Yes, but that isn't done through a virus, it is done through social engineering. It requires the user to download something they shouldn't and give it root access, which includes telling it your password. It is nothing like using Windows, where you can catch self-replicating things with no interaction on your part, and never know it. There are no viruses on Mac, and to be infected with a trojan you must do something stupid and ignore all security warnings and protocols. To catch a nasty on Windows, you have to boot up.
    Agreed, ma'am.
    08-03-09 03:06 PM
    Ok virus talk aside, the advertisement for the 8520 stated "out of box syncing with OS X." And a few 8520's are available at Walmart right now, and the rest will be available in a couple of days. So why is it that we're stuck waiting until September for it if it will sync with the 8520 out of the box?
    08-03-09 05:08 PM
    Ok virus talk aside, the advertisement for the 8520 stated "out of box syncing with OS X." And a few 8520's are available at Walmart right now, and the rest will be available in a couple of days. So why is it that we're stuck waiting until September for it if it will sync with the 8520 out of the box?
    Because technically it will SYNC, using PocketMac, which is a free download.

PM is junk, unfortunately. C'mon Desktop Manager/Mac~
    08-03-09 06:17 PM
    Yes, but that isn't done through a virus, it is done through social engineering. It requires the user to download something they shouldn't and give it root access, which includes telling it your password. It is nothing like using Windows, where you can catch self-replicating things with no interaction on your part, and never know it. There are no viruses on Mac, and to be infected with a trojan you must do something stupid and ignore all security warnings and protocols. To catch a nasty on Windows, you have to boot up.
    +1 ^

10char
    08-03-09 06:18 PM
    You should clean your keyboard. I think your period key is sticking.
    Maybe.....i am not sure.....you know these bluetooth Mac keyboards.....they have a tendency to get the period button stuck.....

on another note....i will check with the 8520 forum and see if that device doesn't come with some Mac software....we can dream right......now that i know it is coming.....i would really like to get it now.....i don't want to pay for missingsync since we are so close....and hate pocketcrap......
    08-03-09 06:44 PM
    Amazingly, after I followed the BB.com listed uninstall instructions, I finally got Pocket Mac worknig just fine w/ my Curve on 10.5.7

Now let's just hope the Tour I'm getting doesn't need a SW update before this comes out.
    08-03-09 11:25 PM
    cannot wait for the day!!
    08-03-09 11:32 PM
    want a shot?

here

skitch.com/wolwol/b4rf4/screen-capture-1

sorry
    i can't post it straight
    am only on 5 posts here
    08-04-09 01:25 PM
    ^^ whoa!!! but thats 8900. how? is appleable dm out already?
    08-04-09 01:42 PM
    got some screenshoot off mac dm for other device from google. so guess it's still in a limited circulation then. wolwol, say some more
    08-04-09 02:05 PM
    that is very nice.....i can't wait to get my hands on it.....c'mon sept....
    08-04-09 03:58 PM
    I'm running 10.4 on my MacBook. Downloaded the pocket sync and ran the software once. The second time I tried to open, it locked up. Reinstalled it, but to no avail. Suggestions?

Originally, all I really wanted to do was sync my BB Cal and tasks w/ my Yahoo Cal and Tasks w/o using Yahoo Go 3.0. I'll take any suggestions on either... Preemptive Thank you...
    08-06-09 10:42 AM
    I'm running 10.4 on my MacBook. Downloaded the pocket sync and ran the software once. The second time I tried to open, it locked up. Reinstalled it, but to no avail. Suggestions?
    Same thing happened to me. That stuff is just CRAP

I'm just being careful til the new Mac software is available
    08-06-09 11:35 AM
    Mac-heads, I need your help, sorry if this is slightly off-topic. I have a Macbook with Tiger (10.4.x) on it. I read that DM for Mac will work with 10.5.5.5, which is... what? The latest version of Leopard?

TIA
    08-06-09 12:51 PM
    Leopard 10.5.8 came out yesterday
    08-06-09 01:03 PM
    10.5 is leopard......10.4 is tiger......10.6 is SNOW LEOPARD!!!!!......it is coming out in sept.......with DM......now it prob won't work right.....hahaha
    08-06-09 09:12 PM
    I hope they are getting it ready for 10.6.

That would really suck if they didn't.
    08-06-09 09:16 PM
    10.5 is leopard......10.4 is tiger......10.6 is SNOW LEOPARD!!!!!......it is coming out in sept.......with DM......now it prob won't work right.....hahaha
    of coarse it will work with snow leopard, have a little faith! I cant wait for EITHER of those (snow leopard and DM) to come out... sept gonna be a good month!.... on a side note, no bluetooth keyboard here, but that ............ key seems to stick on mine too! lol
    08-07-09 05:39 AM
    ok forgive me, this might be a dumb question - can I upgrade all the way from Tiger to Snow Leopard? Or is SL an incremental upgrade where I would need Leopard first?
    08-07-09 10:58 AM
    ok forgive me, this might be a dumb question - can I upgrade all the way from Tiger to Snow Leopard? Or is SL an incremental upgrade where I would need Leopard first?
    You can't use the $29 upgrade disk unless you have Leopard, but you can buy the full version of Snow Leopard and move to that straight from Tiger.
    08-07-09 11:02 AM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD