my curve may be dead, and i may need to replace it. how do i get my settings etc saved so i can install on new curve? with a treo it was easy, sync and swap. with this, and pocketmac, i dont see it clearly. i dont want to lose anything. is it possible? HELP.
    09-15-07 01:25 AM
    Can you be more specific? When you say "may be dead," what exactly is happening? If you haven't backed it up recently, and you cannot access it at all, then you will probably not be able to save anything except what's on your SIM card.
    09-15-07 11:47 AM
    it takes 3-4 mins to load when i reset, so att tells me that i may need a new unit. if so, ive never backed up anything, as i use a mac. with pocket mac will it back up everything, or just my add book & cal? im more worried about my settings for everyting, not so much my data. does that help you help me? thanks.
    09-16-07 01:39 AM
    A 3-4 minute reboot time is normal after a battery pull or soft reset. Is it doing/not doing anything else? Doesn't sound dead to me...
    09-16-07 11:28 AM
    ok. i always have the voice mail indicator on, after i check messages. att said that could be a sign the unit is bad (that and the few min reset time). it only goes away after i pull the battery.
    09-18-07 10:26 AM
    You need to wipe it and reload the OS before declaring it dead. There are posts here detailing how to do that.
    09-18-07 01:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD