Has anyone successfully used Crossover mac to install/use BB Desktop manager and install OS updates?

Curious to see if it works.
    01-19-09 06:29 PM
    Has anyone successfully used Crossover mac to install/use BB Desktop manager and install OS updates?

Curious to see if it works.
    fail........
    01-19-09 07:00 PM
    How about posting a legitimate response next time.

I've gotten it to install, but when I run the application no icons show up on the desktop manger. I was just wondering if anyone else got it to work or its a no go. Maybe ill try parallels.
    01-19-09 07:03 PM
    I've been trying to get Parallels to work since I got my Bold, and it's been a very trying experience. The short of it is that the latest version of Parallels still has problems (at least when using XP) with USB support. I am working with them on the problem.

You might consider VMware Fusion. It looks like Blackberry owners have had better luck with it.
    01-20-09 01:37 AM
    The short of it is that the latest version of Parallels still has problems (at least when using XP) with USB support. I am working with them on the problem.
    Good luck with that.. I was a Parallels user from V1 right through to V3 and not once did they ever actually fix the USB issues.. it appears from your post they still havent, so dont hold your breath. IMHO Fusion is a much better product... well lets face it VMware have been in the game a heck of a long time now...
    01-20-09 02:42 AM
    I tried parallels and was having problems, so now I'm going to try VMware Fusion.

I'm really anxious to get this to work.
    01-20-09 03:24 AM
    I have VMWare Fusion with Windows XP installed successfully syncing with BB Desktop Manager.

Heads up for you guys who wanted to try it.

Currently trying to update OS, will let you know how it goes.
    01-20-09 05:12 AM
    SUCCESS!!

Just upgraded to .216 on my Bold.

Had a little scare when the installer froze at Reconnecting to device, but by that time everything had been installed and the phone had rebooted itself, the installer was just hung up.

VMWare Fusion FTW
    01-20-09 06:02 AM
    VMWare Fusion FTW

Yup...
    been discussed before..
    01-20-09 01:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD