I came upon this program Windows Applications Seamlessly Integrated on Mac OS X - CrossOver Mac - CodeWeavers and was wondering if any one has heard or tried this for Desktop manager?
    05-14-09 01:31 PM
    There has been a second thread concerning this matter, believe You can find it within "Storm 3rd Party Apps". I do not know this software but other people issued warnings.

If You want to use Your Mac (I do it all the time) for updating Firmware, there are two safe ways:

First: Install BootCamp, it costs nothing, You get it with Your MacOS disk. You must restart Your Mac every time You want to use the "Windows Side".
    Second: Use a software like VMware Fusion. This is what I do because You install it just like an app. No need to reboot. And it is FAST.

In both cases, You need an install disk for Windows. I use XP SP3, and did more than a dozen FW upgrades this way.

Ah, and I nearly forgot: Do NOT use ParallelsDesktop. It does NOT work with the BB DeskManager.
    05-14-09 01:48 PM
    I am a Crossover user. This is NOT a windows virtual machine. Crossover is a wrapper for "Wine" which runs windows apps inside OS X in a partial windows 2000 environment. The list of programs that fully work with Crossover is very short. Very very short. Desktop Manager and any other Blackberry related software is very unlikely to work under Crossover.

Updating a BB OS might be done under boot camp with no problems. Updating an OS is problematic at best and very liely not possible under Vmware and Parallels. Updating a BB OS is an absolute absurdity under Crossover.
    05-14-09 02:23 PM
    i have been fiddling around with crossover and the best i got so far was a successful installation of DM 4.6 but when i open it all that i get is the background with no icons ...
    09-04-09 08:52 AM
    Updating a BB OS might be done under boot camp with no problems. Updating an OS is problematic at best and very liely not possible under Vmware and Parallels. Updating a BB OS is an absolute absurdity under Crossover.
    No problems updating my OS on my Storm under Parallels.
    09-04-09 10:28 AM
    OS updates work great for me under Fusion. So does Bluetooth.

In fact, the only reason that I have a BootCamp partition at all is for OpenGL 2.0 support. Currently, Fusion only supports OpenGL 1.x, but I'm hoping VMWare will add 2.0 support soon.

I have a license for both Parallels and Fusion, and from my experiences, Fusion is much more stable and compatible with native Windows applications.

Mike
    09-04-09 11:19 AM
    Fusion works great here (BB DM/Plazmic/Dev stuff)! I got Plazmic to install under Crossover Office (a bunch of button mashing as dialogs don't display) but it doesn't run.
    10-11-09 05:55 PM
    get Parallels then u never need a Pc.
    10-13-09 05:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD