Does anyone know how to convert a .band file (garageband) to an .mp3?
    I cut down a bunch of songs for ringtones, but cannot convert them once I export the songs from Garageband to iTunes (there is a way to do it, I just haven't found detailed-enough instructions).

I think you have to go into preferences > advanced > importing, but I dunno what to do from there. Do you import the song from garageband AFTER you change these settings?
    07-11-08 10:56 PM
    When you're in Garage Band, click the "Share" menu and choose "Send Song to iTunes". Make sure the compress checkbox is checked in the screen that comes up and where it says "Compress Using" choose "MP3 Encoder". That should create an mp3 file in your iTunes library that you can you can use at will.
    07-12-08 01:30 AM
    When I go from Share > Sent to iTunes, there is no window that pops up with those options. It just sends automatically. When the .band file is sent to iTunes, it becomes a .aif file. I just tried viewing the .aif file in the finder and changing the file extension to .mp3, but song doesn't even play.
    07-12-08 10:12 AM
    there's probably a way to have the share be an mp3 file instead of aif (audio integrated format?)...

but once you have the aif in itunes, you can set your import/conversion to mp3.

also, there is a free program out there called max

it converts pretty much any audio type to another. not quite as simple as itunes/garageband, but it does the job...
    07-12-08 10:52 AM
    Thanks. I was wondering this also!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-08 07:50 AM
    hi guys, i downloaded a free program called "Switch", and puts my GARAGE BAND MP3 custom (butchered songs) into ringtones.

I can't remember the exact name of the program, but I am looking at the ICON and it says "SWITCH". Very easy, Free and Works!
    07-18-08 09:14 PM
    Guys just send the garageband song to iTunes and have itunes convert it to MP3, it takes two seconds and requires no additional downloading. You don't need any programs that you don't already have on your mac.

Kyle

YouTube - Marillion - Whatever Is Wrong With You?
    07-25-08 11:17 AM
    or, share>export song to disk>
    Use mp3 encoder checked
    click ok, choose destination, click ok, and you got an mp3
    07-25-08 02:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD