I am pretty frustrated right now. I have had so many issues syncing my contacts and a single Google calendar to my BB. Here is what I am currently using:

BlackBerry Bold 9650 5.0.0.975 on Verizon Wireless
    Gmail for email, contacts and calendar
    Mac Mini running OS X 10.6.8

I would like to start using Outlook 2011 for Mac for contact management and calendar as well, but when I export my contacts from Google as a .csv and import them into Outlook, everything is totally garbled. No addresses are associated with contacts, and new contacts are created with only a state name, or an address. I tried importing them into the address book on my Mac, but again, they do not import correctly.

I am looking for an option to sync or manage that will keep my contacts as they are, with addresses in the proper fields, names correct, and will NOT duplicate anything. The calendar is not that important, because Google Calendar seems to sync without issue as long as I enter stuff on the computer.

I simply do not understand why Desktop Manager is not capable of this. I only need the fields that are accepted on the BlackBerry, and from what I can tell, Outlook goes way beyond that. I feel like this is where the issues occur.

Can anyone shed some light or some good instructions on how to use Outlook so that I stop running into these issues?
    08-09-12 10:05 AM
    First I sync Email and Calendar (not Contacts) with GMail that works natively in BIS. To sync Contacts I use the Gmail sync app because the aforementioned BIS option messes up address fields. Here is a post for a link to the now discontinued Gmail Sync app.

I synced my BB with iCal & Address Book via GMail. Then used Sync Services in Outlook 2011 on Mac to sync iCal & Address Book.
    08-12-12 02:15 AM
    Well, I think that I have managed to fix my predicament. I loaded all of my contacts to Verizon Wireless Backup Assistant for safe keeping. I connected my 9650 to my Mac, and made a complete back up using DM. I opened up my Gmail account, and double checked my calendar. Items that I entered from my phone were in fact showing online. Excellent. Checked my contacts. They were jacked up. Erased all of those. Went into email settings on the device, and checked Sync contacts. Said a little prayer even though I am not religious, and saved it. Checked online, all contacts were correctly synced, addresses and all.

Now, if it will just stay this way, I will be all set. Rob7100g, I appreciate your post, but I think that I am just going to stick with what I have if it works.
    08-12-12 08:59 AM
    Good workaround. Even though I'm a Microsoft Partner I've since abandoned Outlook and gone with the native Mail app and Address Book.
    08-16-12 03:53 PM
    Well, I am sad to report that once again, I somehow fudged up all of my contacts. Quickly went into Google Contacts, erased the duplicate entries, turned off Google Sync, which I think is the culprit, and am only using the email settings sync. I erased all of the contacts on the device, and then crossed my fingers and closed my eyes. Well, it worked again. Google Sync has never given me so many issues as of now. I am seriously contemplating deleting it from the phone, and not counting on it at all.
    08-16-12 05:52 PM
    I totally deleted Google Sync. The app is old and will just cause further complications...
    I was getting triple+ contact duplicates...and my calendar would sync without me knowing it and I ended up with 64 duplicates for several events. Good times.

Sadly I have started phasing out Gmail and Google calendar because its nothing but problems for me on my bb.

I shelled out the 29 bucks for Missing Sync last night and so far so good.

Most confusing thing was figuring out the writable calendar thingy...got it tho!
    Lemme know if you need the instructions that helped me.
    10-01-12 02:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD