im a first time bb user and i absolutely love the tour. however i cannot sync the bb with my mac. i installed the application that came with the phone. the rim/bb start icon is on the screen but syncing the phone and starting the software just results in a gray application screen on the mac and the app is running but does nothing. what should i do? download the app somewhere else?
    09-07-09 06:07 PM
    i don't know about verizon, but the cd that came with sprint doesn't work for Macs. RIM is releasing desktop manager for macs this month, so stay tuned.

meanwhile, i just use bluetooth to transfer stuff between the BB and mac.
    09-07-09 06:37 PM
    The cd that came with your tour os only for PCs. RIM is working on a desktop manager for mac, but its still in beta testing. For now you may want to try pocketmac. That's the only software to sync your blackberry with a mac at this time.
    09-07-09 07:27 PM
    There's also Missing Sync, which some people seem to have better luck with. I think it's $39.95 vs PocketMac, which is free. I've never really had much success with PocketMac, however.

If you want a free app just for loading media to your device, try out BlackBerry MediaSync. Some people have had problems with it but I've always had good luck syncing my itunes playlists using the app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-09 07:37 PM
    I DL'd DM for Mac. It takes a little getting used to but it is solid, at least for me. I'm running Snow Leopard on my Mac, not sure if anyone has tried it on the previous OS.

It will sync iTunes to your 'berry no problem. I was able to back up my BB, upload tunes, everything I could do on DM with a PC only now I don't have to turn on that ancient PoS. I also took my old PoS Storm, wiped it, DL the official OS, load it back into the Storm and add the contacts from my Tour.

DM for Mac beta seems pretty solid so far.
    09-07-09 10:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD